PDA

View Full Version : saved games disapeared

tumaru
12-24-2010, 03:11 PM
My saved game just disappeared today.

I run windows 7 64 bit and am using the current steam beta.

Lu_Seed
01-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi Tumaru

Did you run a firewall or anti-virus program prior to your saved game disappearing?

tumaru
01-04-2011, 09:50 AM
No i'm fairly sure the only thing that could have caused it was doing the steam beta.

kalirion
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Big Brain Wolf stores saved games same way that web flash games do, right? So if you did something to clear your flash app data, that would affect Big Brain Wolf as well.

I'm guessing clearing temporary internet files from browsers shouldn't do this, but there are utilities out there which people use to get rid of flash cookies and stuff...

tumaru
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
You are right. It is ccleaner. I just ran it and checked my save game and it was gone. I even double checked. All I had to do was disable it cleaning adobe flash files to fix the problem but I think that they should change their save file system so that they don't get people swamping them with the same question or worse not bothering to fix it.

Stexred
01-02-2012, 07:32 AM
its because the save files are stored in a temporary folder(AppData\Local\Temp) the fault lays by the programmer i think

tumaru
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
That would defiantly be why it gets deleted. After all none of the other save game files get deleted like that.

On the other hand I don't really comprehend the situation and for all I know it's more complex then that.