PDA

View Full Version : LOL what is the point of numbers login

rax_7
12-24-2010, 07:16 PM
you cannot use keypad or keyboard, you can only use the mouse to choose numbers on the screen, everyone can see what numbers you press.

ravage386
12-24-2010, 09:00 PM
you cannot use keypad or keyboard

Using the keyboard would completely defeat the point. I bet you're the kind of person NCSoft feels like it needs to protect with these measures.

Also I still want negative feedback. Just for you.

Ling420
12-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Using the keyboard would completely defeat the point. I bet you're the kind of person NCSoft feels like it needs to protect with these measures.

Also I still want negative feedback. Just for you.
/agree

Syf1n
12-25-2010, 12:10 AM
It's a 2 part password. One you type in and one you click on the screen. It's a safety thing so that idiots that go visit key logging websites don't lose their accounts..

rax_7
12-25-2010, 05:02 PM
but you can easily see the number password. i did. i was in a computer room and i saw the guy who were next to me clicking the numbers very clearly. even tho he tried to click quickly. so this numbers thingy only works against keylogger.

Ling420
12-25-2010, 06:25 PM
so this numbers thingy only works against keylogger.
Duh. Your keyed password is your own damn responsibility. One level of security for anyone who may be looking on in the room, and one for malicious software on the computer. So what if I know your PIN? The only way it can be as useless as you say is if the person trying to crack your account is looking over your shoulder, writing down your username and PIN, and simultaneously running a keylogger on the password.

MrWiggles
12-26-2010, 08:40 AM
i think is a genius and feel a lot more safe, so if anyone got my account's password, my characters will be safe... :)

Anyway if you have anyone in the room with you just say to look otherway.. when you go to the ATM machine you need the PIN code too...

Hammerfel
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
the reason it's on screen is it defeats key loggers.

BurningTofu
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
you cannot use keypad or keyboard, you can only use the mouse to choose numbers on the screen, everyone can see what numbers you press.

You just answered your own question, to protect naive and unaware peeps like you...

Ruaidhri
12-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Anti keylogger

Ling420
12-29-2010, 09:46 PM
This thread can really be closed now.

Logiar
12-31-2010, 07:14 AM
While I do not agree with the OP on why it's a weak measure I'd like to point out that a specialized keylogger would not be defeated by this. Though it might take some time for someone to bother dooing it if they bother at all. It's a good measure against generic keyloggers though and simple.