PDA

View Full Version : What is bad in this game

Sa-Matra
12-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Everything.

Yep, this is my review. I want my $3 back.

bobsbarricades
12-24-2010, 09:43 PM
after just purchasing bad company 2, OF:DR, and ARAM2, I would have to say I've had most fun playing OF:DR. BC2 is a lot of fun too in single player- wish it had co-op. Multi I just get owwwwwwwwned =/

lilazndude1145
12-24-2010, 10:24 PM
after just purchasing bad company 2, OF:DR, and ARAM2, I would have to say I've had most fun playing OF:DR. BC2 is a lot of fun too in single player- wish it had co-op. Multi I just get owwwwwwwwned =/

There are single player co-op mods for BF2 :P

bobsbarricades
12-25-2010, 08:10 AM
bad company 2 or Battlefield 2?

marekfreak1
12-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Everything.

Yep, this is my review. I want my $3 back.

Why hello there. I couldn't agree with you more. Rep+

I still cant figure out why anybody in their right mind would unleash this evil stinking pile of absolut junk on the gaming world.

I feel like such gullible fool for wasting my time and two beers on this thing.

yslee
12-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I can't tell. FOV is so narrow I want to puke. -.-

FengZ
12-31-2010, 12:11 AM
I can't tell. FOV is so narrow I want to puke. -.-

yup, defaulted at 65. I'm playing on a 30" screen....can't take it only after 10-15min...

this and MOH both have horrible FOV and there's no way to change it. At least Black Ops, BC2, Borderlands, etc. all allow FOV to be adjusted...

fvdham
12-31-2010, 03:54 AM
I tried the demo's of OPF and ARAM2:OA as some1 mentioned those games in the same sentence.

My background is PlanetSide, which I play as a milsim. The graphics in PlanetSide may be low but I got used to them and the AI is excellent as the 100+ soldiers and generals are all human.

The graphics in ARMA2:OA were the best I had ever seen, the friendly tactical AI is good but there does not seem to be an AI for the general, so to get a war going you need to write scripts or be the general. But I want to be a soldier. So no PlanetSide killer here.

The OPF demo just annoyed me: the game was paused with every popup message,
the radial menu took some time getting used to, I could only radio once for naval guns while there were still bad guys in the village, the demo was a lot shorter than expected, and it is true: you can make your squad members dance
in your steps by walking to and fro, also the graphics were less than ARMA2.
Finally I got a headache, true it was 4am, but there was no alcohol involved.

kllr101
12-31-2010, 06:42 AM
Disable popups,

the AI is like that in A2 as well. :rolleyes:

If the demo comes with a mission editor, create your own version where you get the big guns straight away.

radial menu is less of a headache when you need to do something quick, navigating through the A2 menus without knowing each part off by heart was difficult in a firefight.

DR is mainly a console game, obviously the graphics are worse. But then again, We still get better graphics than consoles....

GuardianAngel42
03-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Why hello there. I couldn't agree with you more. Rep+

I still cant figure out why anybody in their right mind would unleash this evil stinking pile of absolut junk on the gaming world.

I feel like such gullible fool for wasting my time and two beers on this thing.

Man, you guys are really upset about this aren't you? The impact of this game on your wallet is equal to getting a poorly prepared burger at a fast food joint. 3 bucks people, if you don't like it fine, you paid hardly anything for it.

Personally I've found the game to be all right, am only two missions in so far and aside from the command giving system (would have been nicer to have voice commands, much more streamlined and realistic) It is decent. Not amazing, but decent.

I came to this game from STALKER SoC and CoP so my main concern was bullet physics. There's something satisfying about dropping a guy after compensating for bullet drop. Anyone can line up a laser and fire but getting that headshot at range with a gun that really isn't designed for that sort of thing is just satisfying.

Also, you should really spend more time describing why you disliked the game rather than insulting the devs, the game, and the community. That just makes you look like an @ss.