PDA

View Full Version : Is my screen meant to be going black?

Shingy
12-25-2010, 07:19 AM
I am not sure what even causes it but I just fly around and my screen just starts turning black, eventually I won't be able to see anything at all.

If it is a graphics card problem I have a ATi Radeon X1800

Dmytry
12-25-2010, 07:46 AM
I am not sure what even causes it but I just fly around and my screen just starts turning black, eventually I won't be able to see anything at all.

If it is a graphics card problem I have a ATi Radeon X1800

Try enable "radeon workaround" in Visuals.

Shingy
12-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Ah okay that has fixed it.

I wanted to add though now that I can play it a bit, I decided to add one of my own songs, and it keeps making weird noises, like quite a bit, or rather it sounds like it is skipping, it happens quite a lot too almost as if it has trouble playing it.

Dmytry
12-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Ah okay that has fixed it.

I wanted to add though now that I can play it a bit, I decided to add one of my own songs, and it keeps making weird noises, like quite a bit, or rather it sounds like it is skipping, it happens quite a lot too almost as if it has trouble playing it.
that's a codec problem... I recall someone here resolved it by un-installing some Nero something. A lot of software installs some poorly written MP3 codec, as if windows's standard codec was not good enough. I know it works for almost everyone, that is a quite rare issue.

Shingy
12-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I don't have Nero installed on my computer, do you have any idea what else I could possibly look for?
The stuttering is sort of annoying I can't really enjoy the game. At least I can see it though.

SnoopJeDi
12-27-2010, 01:37 AM
You could try to acquire that specific codec again. There are various codec packs floating around online, but to be honest, I can't recall needing one for over 5 years after I discovered VLC.

Just for completeness: the files included with the game work correctly, right?

Shingy
12-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Sorry I am not sure what you mean by that, how would I check if the files included with the game work correctly?

Also I actually do use VLC.

I can't remember ever installing any codec of any sort so I don't relaly know how to acquire that codec again.

Dmytry
12-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Sorry I am not sure what you mean by that, how would I check if the files included with the game work correctly?

Also I actually do use VLC.

I can't remember ever installing any codec of any sort so I don't relaly know how to acquire that codec again.
he was just asking if the music included with game plays fine in the game.
For the codecs, the problem is that a lot of software, like that Nero something, installs a codec. For no reason what so ever.

kn00tcn
12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
so your custom music, is it mp3 or aac or m4a or what?

Shingy
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
It is an mp3, to me the music that came with the game seems to be alright.
And when I just tried earlier so did the mp3 I was having trouble with, I am thinking my PC can't handle this game or something because I had like 6 FPS, which makes me think the reason it was stuttering was because I had too many applications open at the same time. I think I am going to test on this more.

UPDATE: So okay I can't even seem to get it to replicate the stuttering clicking noises I was hearing before constantly, I have no idea what I had open or what I was doing.
All I can seem to do now is to drop my FPS to 2.

Which leads me to the next question

I have a duo core 2.13ghz, 2gb ram, ATi Radeon X1800 it is pretty old to be fair so I guess I should not be surprised but does this mean I can't play this game nicely, it is quite painful to play on low FPS and when I went to the visuals screen I just saw a bunch of stuff I did not really understand, could you give me any pointers on how to adjust them? would be great if there was a very low - very high default setting in there.

Dmytry
12-29-2010, 06:00 AM
You can't really make it run noticeably faster, I'm afraid.
The hardware that cannot possibly draw anything looking like screenshots(at reasonable framerate) is not supported (there is even a detailed description on the game's page).
If it is desktop, some old geforce 8600 gt or some old ATI HD card should cost around 20$ now anyway (or you should be able to get one for free from a friend who's upgrading his PC), and it would improve experience in all the games...

Shingy
12-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Oh well the game looked cool anyways, I guess I will just watch more videos of it instead.