PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy yet!

JohnnyRex
12-25-2010, 12:46 PM
...wait till all parts are out and they are on sale as a game-pack for a few bucks. The game itself is nice..... but I played it through in two hours, without using any hints or whatsover. Most of that time was spend on viewing cutscenes (very bad voiceover in german language) and getting some snacks... rest of the game is performing a few clicks for solving some really simple riddles. There was nothing to really think about... everything was just to obvious and way to easy. Something for the 6 to 10 year old beginner. Telltale could have done MUCH better than this. Anyway, I'll get all parts when they are on sale as a lot... just to have them. (Unless Steam gives me an error that I already own one of the games of the lot!?)
Playing tales of monkey island was much more fun..... really sad, as the story could have been a good background for a good game....

eeh44
12-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it's an entire season's purchase.

Buying it now only gets you access to the first episode, yes, but as the other episodes are released they'll be added to your games list.

Sam and Max Season 3 worked this way, at least.

I think Tales of Monkey Island did, too.

So you already have purchased the "lot," so to speak, it's just that the rest of them aren't released yet.

Rienholdt
12-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I was inquiring about this, but from what i can figure. You're actually paying for the whole thing. NOT paying per episode.

We'll see in February for a more definitive answer:p

Nubious81
12-25-2010, 06:40 PM
yes you will get all episodes its the same option as D2D go ahead and buy it.

vashts1985
12-25-2010, 07:27 PM
protip:

Telltale does not charge more than 5 buck per episode. if you see anything with their name on it for 20-30 bucks, its a series pack.

JohnnyRex
12-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Ah, ok.. my fault!
Then I can just recommend it! Even though there is more time spend on cutscenes then on actual gameplay... Still fun though! :)

HowIChrgeLazer
12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Alinon:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677134

Price
Q: "What, it's $25 for just the first episode?! That's like $125 for all the games. :("

A: When you buy Back to the Future: The Game, your one time payment gets you all five episodes.

And for extra proof
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/backtothefuture

Thrilling new Back to the Future experience delivered in 5 parts. Released over 5 monthly episodes featuring incredible story twists, turns and cliffhangers! This purchase gets you all 5 episodes, delivered monthly.

Price: $24.95

Spyd
12-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Thank God I found this thread. I was very annoyed because of the short lenght of this episode. I thought the same as the OP, way too expensive for a episode so short.
Ok, then let's wait for more. What I have played so far was good, and the second episode trailer adds some interesting things that I won't say to not spoil the game.