PDA

View Full Version : PhysX not found ? of Course im with ATI !!!!!

OMGitsBOBFETUS
12-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok so ive bought the game from steam today....and im trying to get it to work , i have a Asus ATI HD5670 and i try to run it , it keeps saying that i dont have physX installed but physX only comes with nvidia now so wtf ?!

failgo
12-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Which game? If you mean Graw2 go to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\GRAW2\settings \profiles\graw2_YOURUSERNAME" and edit the settings.xml. There are a couple physx values. I don't know what they do exactly but they imply you can turn off physx functionality.

Edit this value: <has_physx value="True" /> and change it to "False"

Hope it helps.

OMGitsBOBFETUS
12-25-2010, 07:05 PM
i have the steam version :S

failgo
12-25-2010, 07:06 PM
i have the steam version :S

Yes me too...

OMGitsBOBFETUS
12-25-2010, 07:17 PM
i dont have Graw2 in appdata/local....i try to start the game so i double click the game on steam and then it says PhysX Not Found , Graw2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLL's. Please Install latest PhysX Runtime. ( but i dont have a Nvidia GPU for it .) how the hell doesnt Steam recognize this ?!?!!?!

OMGitsBOBFETUS
12-25-2010, 07:18 PM
i can never start the game at all...it just gives me that error.

failgo
12-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Ahh ok. See if you can install the physx distribution in the steam folder "\Steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon advanced warfighter 2\PhysX"

You prolly can't run physx but maybe you still need it installed or it won't run or something. If it will let you install it. Sounds like an error on their part.

OMGitsBOBFETUS
12-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I have a later version of physX installed ( for some odd reason ) and it still wont run.

Alkpaz2
03-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I have a later version of physX installed ( for some odd reason ) and it still wont run.

Same here, I don't want to downgrade because it might affect other games.

Oelmuvun
04-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I would say to re-download PhysX from nvidia's site and try re-installing it if you have not done so already simply to make sure your install of physx is solid. If that does not work then I dunno. I used to have an ATI card and no PhysX errors with GRAW1&2 so I am not really much help.

It does not matter if you have an ATI card or not. With ATI/Intel cards PhysX is still installed and your CPU does the calculations instead.(but it should just be basic stuff and should handle ok)

Oh yea, not really helpful for you guys but also of note is that GRAW1 can only use an Ageia PPU card, not a nvidia GPU. There is nothing you can do to change that and they are not even supported anymore in nvidia's drivers. GRAW1 auto-detects PhysX so it will not tell you anything in the in-game settings.

GRAW2 will use an nvidia GPU for PhysX and you can most likely crank the PhysX setting unless your nvidia card is really old.
Technically it does not actually add much to the game, but it is still kinda neat I guess.

It is also possible to use an nvidia card for PhysX and have an ATI card as your primary.. but that is a topic for another day.(that is what I used to do, though I also played GRAW1 before I was doing it as well.)

s0up2up
06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I've got the exact same problem. Have the latest PhysX drivers installed, running an ATI 68xx series card and it's not registering that I have the PhysX sorted. Did anyone figure out a fix for this?

chrisdglong
06-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Guys, you have to have the AGEIA Physx from the game install in order to run the game. These older Physx games are lame. Basically, they want you to install an ancient version of Physx to get the game running. Just Google the issue and you will see what I mean.