PDA

View Full Version : ETQW not on sale....AGAIN!

MackP
12-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Ok, that's it.
I'm not waiting for ETQW to go on sale no more, not on Steam.
I'm going to buy it off eBay.
:mad:

AlHudsonFX
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey! Steam sale finish on January 2

MackP
12-26-2010, 11:36 AM
It's not just this sale, ETQW was missing on last 2 holiday sales also.
I'm done waiting. I've ordered it on Amazon this morning.
Found a cheaper copy than the one on eBay for 50% off the current price on Steam.
So even if ETQW goes on sale for 50% off, I'm still ahead because I get the physical copy.

Browncoat1984
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
It'll never go on sale, Steam/ID/Activision have forgotten that this game even exists. Even Call of Duty games have gone on sale!

MackP
12-27-2010, 02:04 PM
It'll never go on sale, Steam/ID/Activision have forgotten that this game even exists. Even Call of Duty games have gone on sale!
Yeah lol, Bad Company 2 (I know it's not a CoD game) for $6.80 and ETQW still not on sale.
Not happening...ever.
At least I ordered my copy on Amazon. ;)

Dumbarajko
01-01-2011, 06:32 PM
The game is not that good either. I bought it retail 2 years ago and bwahhh, i dunno, i bought cod4 and played that instead :D

arizonachris
01-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I've been hooked on this game since release day. It's not a run and gun shooter and has a pretty steep learning curve. For the $50USD I paid for it I have thousands of hours and it was more than worth the price. It's the only online game I play, everything else seems to be hacked to hell.

MackP
01-02-2011, 03:33 AM
I played the demo on Steam and loved it so much, waited to go on sale for a long time and since it didn't, decided to buy it off Amazon for 50% of the Steam price and get a physical copy too, like I already mentioned.
The game is pretty old, and even though I'm not saying it's not worth the full price in $ (in € most definitely is NOT), I still like to save my money and get the best possible deal if I can.
Why should I give 2 times the money to Valve, if I can get more for less cash on Amazon? No reason whatsoever.

arizonachris
01-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Why should I give 2 times the money to Valve, if I can get more for less cash on Amazon? No reason whatsoever.

Agree 100% with you. ;)

MackP
01-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Agree 100% with you. ;)
They why not consider giving me some rep? :D
Just kidding. If you don't want to, you don't have to.
But it would be nice. I'm not asking you to, though.
I'm repeating myself... :D

AlHudsonFX
01-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Agree 100% with you. ;)

Fortunate you guys that is cheaper on Amazon if I import it from them I need to pay around $30 in taxes + $30 from UPS shipping to Mexico. Also here on retail still is in $40 USD... So Steam or Direc2Drive version is cheaper for me. :(

Anyways today is January 2nd and Quake Wars was not in sale.

PattonCommander
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Ok, that's it.
I'm not waiting for ETQW to go on sale no more, not on Steam.
I'm going to buy it off eBay.
:mad:

enjoy your account disabling then

arizonachris
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Uhhh, Steam won't disable your account just because you buy a game somewhere else. Not sure what you mean. :confused:

MackP
01-03-2011, 03:58 AM
How will Valve disable my account for buying a boxed retail copy of ET:QW on Amazon which can't be activated on Steam anyway? :D

P.S.
Thanks arizonachris for the rep, back at ya! :)

snowflake
03-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Sorry but does anyone know why its actually never come on sale or is it really because they forgot about it and because it didn't succeed.

If it came on sale I think a lot of people could have got back into it.

MackP
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
We all agree on that. Now you only need Valve to put it on sale.
However, that won't happen, because it could have gone on sale plenty of times so far, and it never did.

arizonachris
03-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry but does anyone know why its actually never come on sale or is it really because they forgot about it and because it didn't succeed.

Good questions, I guess it's just been forgotten. I'm not sure that a lot of people would buy it at this point anyways. It had quite a steep learning curve, it's not your standard CoD or BF type multiplayer. There is still a good player base out there, I'll keep playing as long as my clan still has a server. :D

CrimzinD
08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Good questions, I guess it's just been forgotten. I'm not sure that a lot of people would buy it at this point anyways. It had quite a steep learning curve, it's not your standard CoD or BF type multiplayer. There is still a good player base out there, I'll keep playing as long as my clan still has a server. :D

While not many people might buy it, a hell of a lot more people would buy it at 5$ than they would at 20$.

AlHudson1
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
That's is it.. not in sale AGAIN... c'mon Activision.

MackP
08-06-2011, 09:18 PM
That's is it.. not in sale AGAIN... c'mon Activision.
You expected otherwise? I gave up on that idea long time ago and bought myself a retail copy for half the price, and got a nice box too. I suggest you do the same.

Punisher!|ITA
08-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah, this is just ridiculous. The game is forgotten even by God.

arizonachris
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM
The game is forgotten even by God.

You mean by Activision, not by players. Still over 5,000 players worldwide, and my clan's server is still #1, full all the time. :D

Punisher!|ITA
08-07-2011, 09:47 AM
You mean by Activision, not by players. Still over 5,000 players worldwide, and my clan's server is still #1, full all the time. :D

Yeah, of course. This would have been a masterpiece without Activision (and perhaps some SD). Activision made things even worse than EA would do.

RelicBH
08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I wish Bethesda/ZeniMax bought the rights to this game too from Activison. Alas they did not and we won't be getting a sale on this game via Steam anytime soon :( .

Good news though as pointed out here the game is dirt cheap on Amazon. Been so for the last few years too. Picked this game up for five bucks in end of 08 / early 09 and have easily logged over 200 hrs when playing. Such a fun game, definitely underrated in my opinion even with some of the issues it had.

@Chris How's US prime time population still in QW? Haven't played actively in over a year was thinking about giving it a whirl again :) .

AlHudson1
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
You expected otherwise? I gave up on that idea long time ago and bought myself a retail copy for half the price, and got a nice box too. I suggest you do the same.

Good for you that live in the states.. Retail channel for PC games doesn't exists where I live so I need to import a copy and that process is around $90 bucks.

Yeah, of course. This would have been a masterpiece without Activision (and perhaps some SD). Activision made things even worse than EA would do.

Agree

arizonachris
08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
@Chris How's US prime time population still in QW? Haven't played actively in over a year was thinking about giving it a whirl again :) .

I only play on my clan's server, and it's a mixed bunch. We have long time members from Europe, Japan, South America, all over the world. Server is in Chicago, and from Southern California I get a 60 or so ping.
Check out "Perfect Cherry Blossom" We moderate heavy, don't put up with any crap. It's a fun server.

MackP
08-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Good for you that live in the states.. Retail channel for PC games doesn't exists where I live so I need to import a copy and that process is around $90 bucks.
Except that I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I ordered my copy from Amazon UK, none of which has anything to do with the US. ;)
Price: 7.98 with P&P
You do the math.

Steakface
08-18-2011, 03:48 AM
You should get the boxed copy anyhow. It comes with a stand-up desktop guide for each map and a mission objective reference card. Very nice package.

Still a shame they don't put this on sale, though, it might bring some more players in.

AlHudson1
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
You should get the boxed copy anyhow. It comes with a stand-up desktop guide for each map and a mission objective reference card. Very nice package.

Still a shame they don't put this on sale, though, it might bring some more players in.

Thanks for the Info... BTW I moved to live near to McAllen Texas so I'm waiting for my visa... maybe in a weekend I can go to pay a visit to San Antonio Spurs and of course buy Enemy Territory in retail.

nyran125
08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
i just played the demo, thinking of buying it just for the single player Ai bots lol. I thought they were pretty good on the hardest difficulty considering its an online game

MackP
08-19-2011, 02:11 AM
i just played the demo, thinking of buying it just for the single player Ai bots lol. I thought they were pretty good on the hardest difficulty considering its an online game
Well, if you decide you like it enough to buy it, I think it's safe to say you already know which copy to go for, retail or Steam. ;)