PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller mapping problem

Razor512
12-26-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a wired xbox 360 controller. When one of my friends tried to play darksiders on my PC, my controller would not work.

Pressing the left joystick would pause the game and the right joy stick will bring up a map.

the trigger buttons changed the camera angle instead of performing their correct actions so things like gates could not be opened.

I tried downloading xinputemu3 and on the XInputTest it shows the trigger buttons on the xbox 360 controller as performing the action of moving the right joystick from side to side.

pressing the joysticks down performs the actions of the start and back button and pressing the start or back button is read as a trigger button press.

the A X B Y butons are completely mixed up.

In the windows game controller settings, all buttons are detected and mapped properly. I don't really have other games to test this with as I don't really like action adventure games for the PC in case I ever do actually find a game that I want to play that uses the controller.

(In the game, all of the buttons are mapped properly except the joystick presses and the trigger buttons)

Edit:
nevermind I fixed it

copied dinput8.dll to the game folder. weird since i only have my friends xbox 360 controller connected and other than that I have a USB mouse and keyboard

koningko
12-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Have you read through http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19753732 ?

Razor512
12-26-2010, 02:01 PM
yep just fixed it. this is really weird since I only have 1 controller connected and other than that I have a usb mouse and keyboard

the dinput8.dll fixed it though.
How could a company release a game this buggy. I feel sorry for my friend for buying it.