PDA

View Full Version : Multiplay Question

zolop
12-27-2010, 05:51 PM
I have had problems with this game repeatably in relation to joining servers. I never had any problem with games of the same generation as much as NwN 2. I usually get something like "The host is behind a firewall, cannot find/join server". Is there any way that steam community features have made it easier and I do not have to open ports on my router?

Since steam is great for connecting to servers, in relation to buying a game on steam (and the person hosting too) it would really make things a lot easier if steam helped made the process easier. Since steam is a digital distributor of software and has many community features this would maybe buy this so and use my Neverwinter Nights 2 DVDs / DLC Atari as a backup.

I know this game came out today, but I would appreciate feedback later even if it is couple of days or a week.

NWN DM
12-29-2010, 12:22 PM
For MP you are connecting via GameSpy server browser (or a Direct Connect if you know the IP).

If you are using a router, you will (probably) need to open some ports.

If you are hosting a game, and using a router, you will need to open some different ports.

Perhaps also you need to tell your firewall and/or anti-virus to allow NWN2 to access the internet through it.