PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft blacklisted Zombie Driver?

Fnorp
12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
So, I just installed the game. When I try to launch it, windows gives me first a generic "zombiedriver.exe caused an error" or something message.

Then I had a closer look, and I noticed that Windows uses some thingy, called in german Datenausführungsverhinderung. I didn't find the exact translation, but in english that would be roughly "Data execution prevention".

According to what I read, it is some additional security thingy to protect your computer from viruses and stuff. Now, I thought "no problem, I jut go into the windows settings and set an exception for zombie driver". But: I didn't even enable this service in the settings!

So I thought "oook.... let's try this: I enable the service, and THEN set an exception for zombie driver". I tried that, but Windows told me, that for this game, it's not possible to disable the "data execution prevention" or what's it called.

So it seems that this game is on some kind of blacklist at microsoft?

I never had this problem with any other game, and I don't know how to solve this. That windows service doesn't allow me to execute this game, even if I disable that service. And if I enable it, I'm not allowed to set an exception for zombie driver.

Is there a way to get my money back or something? After all that stupid game doesn't work at all!

Djoszee
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM
oh yeah blame the game...

Savage1969
12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I've purchased first directly from the Zombie Driver website about a year ago and recently again on Steam (cause it's an excellent title) and never had an executable execution error. I'm on Win7 64b. Try removing and reinstalling. The first thing that should pop up is the setting menu, then the game after selecting "OK". Also, I never had to change administrative rights or anything like that. Hope it works out, if not visit the website and see contact information at the bottom Click Here (http://www.zombiedriver.com/about.html)