PDA

View Full Version : Visual Glitch

WhiteCarnation
12-29-2010, 08:07 AM
I started playing NWN2 in campaign and it was fine until I got to the Inn with the dwarf out front. Now only 1/4th of my screen is 'drawn', I can see shadows and background graphics in the rest of the 3/4ths, but only in the 1/4th are textures or models rendered.

I saved and quit for the day, and started a new game with Storm of Zehir and it started with the same issue.

Any one know what the heck to do? This is so weird.

dunniteowl
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Check your video graphics drivers. I'm betting you have an Nvidia Card?

Also, ensure you have DX9.0c installed.

It's always good to read through the forum posts for issues similar. It's also always a good idea to post your system specs to help get you sorted out.

dunniteowl

WhiteCarnation
12-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I have DX9.0c and an nVidia card. I played NWN2 earlier this year without any problems.

NWN DM
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
nvidia released some garbage drivers earlier this year... you need to roll back to an earlier version.

Darkpowder
12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
197.45 NVIDIA forceware was bugged with NWN2.

At the time i rolled back to 196.21 Forceware works fine, so stick with that.
If anyone with technical issues can post their driver versions - we should be able to build up a picture of what versions of forceware will cause issues.

You should be able to check what you have by looking in your C:\NVIDIA directory.

I haven't done a full test yet with my latest forceware (258.96)
but if anyone can confirm that would be useful.

NWN DM
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
One of my players just PMed me this:

Nvidia released a version, (260.99) in Oct of 2010 just for game compatibility.

I installed that version and am enjoying NWN2 at 1920x1080 res with everything maxed and an awesome frame rate.

YMMV but for what it's worth, there's a driver number that is specifically for NWN2 apparently.

tylerbot2010
12-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I started playing NWN2 in campaign and it was fine until I got to the Inn with the dwarf out front. Now only 1/4th of my screen is 'drawn', I can see shadows and background graphics in the rest of the 3/4ths, but only in the 1/4th are textures or models rendered.

I saved and quit for the day, and started a new game with Storm of Zehir and it started with the same issue.

Any one know what the heck to do? This is so weird.

========================

I had the exact same problem. I read on here that nVidia 197.45 driver had been having problems, and that is the driver I am using also.

I saw another post about this issue that had a fix (from theyesman) that I decided to try before messing with my drivers, and it's worked perfectly so far:

Press the "`" key to bring up the Command mode
Type "debugmode 1", to allow debug commands
Type "sky 0"
Type "debugmode 0", to get back to normal
Press the "`" key again

fixed it for me!