PDA

View Full Version : Not available in germany?

PsYcHo126
12-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi guys,
im interessted in the BiA games. But it seems like they aren't available in germany?
I can see the picture + the -75%, but i can't click it. If i write it in the search i don't find it. Why? Or is it an error? Because i can't remember that the BiA games are so brutal... ?

WooTLawL
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Hell's Highway is quite a gory one, but it might just be an error, restart steam and if it's still not there, you could always ask support.

Kongo-Otto
12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
It is easier for me to explain that in my language, sorry.

Der dritte Teil von Brothers in Arms ist in der ungeschnittenen Version indiziert in Deutschland. Vermutlich hat Steam nur diese Version und darf sie deshalb bei uns nicht bewerben. Ich schätze, man hat sich aus rechtlichen Gründen deswegen gleich entschieden, vorsichtshalber die gesamte Serie im deutschen Store nicht zum Kauf anzubieten. :rolleyes:

Flapperbol
12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Short Translation of Kongo:
The uncut version of part three is forbidden in Germany. It could be possible that Steam only has the uncut version, and therefore (because of laws etc) not sell it to Germans

DarkChaplain
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, I'd like to get the pack as well - weird, no 'not available in your region' on the store, only an empty site it links to.
For comparison: They removed the 'page' of Quake from our store, but left in the BiA one.

Well, why sell historic games to the evil germans who caused the war depicted to happen? *shrugs*

exterminat
12-29-2010, 08:26 PM
If I recall correctly, Hell's Highway does have, as Aldo Rain would say it, "Nat-zee" imagery in some parts of the game, such as the swastika. That is strictly forbidden in Germany, and if a game features it, it must be censored else it will be banned.

Joben
12-29-2010, 09:46 PM
If I recall correctly, Hell's Highway does have, as Aldo Rain would say it, "Nat-zee" imagery in some parts of the game, such as the swastika. That is strictly forbidden in Germany, and if a game features it, it must be censored else it will be banned.

There's some irony there...can show the swastika in a game...even if the people wearing it are all getting shot...and it's a historical drama.

DarkChaplain
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
You can still see swastikas in german documentary tv shows or on history channel in general all the time.
Given, these are considered 'educational purposes', but still.
We see them in US Movies all the time, and those aren't really educational, right?

It's a pity that those who suffer the most from the after effects, til present day, are those turning a blind eye on their own history and media featuring it...