PDA

View Full Version : Going Rogue EU or US

Gun-Nut
12-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Was just wondering what version of the game is up on Steam since I already have a UK Account with CoH and CoV would easily upgrade to Going Rogue with this deal going but I don't want to buy it and find out its for the US Version.

Thanks

Zekiran
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
If you buy it through Steam it *should* keep the right version for you. But I'd actually say you should contact Steam support (quickly) about it.

B0FH
12-30-2010, 04:35 AM
If you pay via the UK store certainly, it supplies you with an EU serial.

However I'm disappointed by the population on Defiant if no-where else :(

Zekiran
12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
It really is too bad that the client itself is different enough (it's the language files mainly) between the EU and NA servers. That's why they haven't been able to merge the lists and allow everyone access everywhere. :(

B0FH
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Yet if I run cohupdater.exe (not .eu.exe) I can log in with a trial state-side account to the US servers.... not that different. Support apathy I feel

Zekiran
12-31-2010, 10:02 AM
You made a trial account on the US server then, which is separate from the EU server and not attached to your EU account if you have one. They do not cross over. It's not apathy, it's just not possible to combine them.

B0FH
01-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Zekiran - the point I was trying to make (although it may be utterly irrelevant, I have been out of the scene for a while!) is that the client does not require any patching whatsoever to play between US or EU, and it always used to be possible to get server transfers (See the "passport" badge), so the fact they no longer offer it now *appears* to be through apathy - if it's because a patch/update in the meantime has forked the games completely (yet from a client side not at all) that i don;t know about I'll more than happily stand corrected and apologise

Zekiran
01-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Well, from having spoken to the devs at comic cons over the years, they do say it's a client difference. It may be the login server is the key - I really don't know, since I haven't ever tried getting onto the EU servers. :)