PDA

View Full Version : devs: loading checkpoint saves in GOL

Austin007
12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
There probably isn't a solution to this right away, but it would be a neat feature to add to GOL:

If you need to quit part way thru a level but don't want to have to redo the whole thing next time you play, could it be possible to ask the user if they would like to load the last checkpoint or start from the beginning?
It seems like it's almost there now, because when you try to start a level that you've already played, the game even warns you that you will be losing all previous checkpoints, yet doesn't give you the option to start from one.
Hope it can be added in future updates.

moOkiE!! v2,o
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm curious about this too... what in the world are the check points for if you can restart from there?

SKiLLY2
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't quite follow. You don't need to re-do the whole level the next time you play. If you hit "continue" it will load up from the closest checkpoint to where you left off.

Austin007
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't quite follow. You don't need to re-do the whole level the next time you play. If you hit "continue" it will load up from the closest checkpoint to where you left off.
I was sure that Continue link was greyed out.

kaply
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Think of it as a quick save that gets erased if you complete the map or start a new one. The continue option is there if you leave the map before it's complete.

ASecondOpinion
01-03-2011, 02:04 AM
I was sure that Continue link was greyed out.

If that happens, and you are absolutely certain you haven't started another level knocking out the checkpoints for a different level, then exit the map selection screen to the main menu and try again.
If still nothing, exit and relaunch GoL.
I've had a greyed out continue button and after doing the first of the above it went back to normal.