PDA

View Full Version : No NPCs unless I load (COP)

Magneman
12-30-2010, 08:08 AM
I've been having this weird problem. Whenever I am doing a quest, visiting a location (like Skadovsk) etc. there are no NPCs in the area. I have to first save, and then load the game for them to turn up. Now this is getting a little annoying, since this probably means that unless I save and load the game, I'm not going to meet any enemies as well unless I save and load all the time. Anyone else having this problem?

Jashin
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I swear to god there's some wacky bugs happening on steam forums.

It sounds like your game's not converting the mathematics into ingame assets when you approach them. Anything that is not rendered on screen is supposed to enter into the background calculations and continue to progress so that you may from time to time encounter fights already in progress, or has already ended and all the dead bodies on the ground looted.

Click on game->properties->verify game integrity, that's the universal fix for steam f-ups.

If that doesn't do it, don't know. We don't know what kind of hardware you're running. Is your pc in order? People with tech issues have got to eliminate as many possibilities on their own so folks can help them better.