PDA

View Full Version : Is HOI3 really "complete" or is that just steam marketing?

strawzombie
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Rhetorical question really. I mean, I doubt that "complete" here means that they are done updated HOI3 for good until say HOI4 comes along. I've heard great almost unbelievable things about HOI2, so I would like to eventually try HOI3 once they get all the kinks worked out.

I'm just starting to get into paradox games and EU3:HT is turning out to be fun to learn and play. But I'd hate to be there trying to learn/play such a complex game on day one. Compared to HOI3, I don't remember how many complaints there were about EU3 being an unfinished product when it was first released. But it made me avoid EU3 and EU3:Napoleon's Ambition back then like how I'm avoiding HOI3 and HOI3:Semper Fi now.

This question isn't rhetorical, do you think HOI3 is unfixable? Such as, are there gameplay mechanics that are so flawed (compared to HOI2) that no matter what they do to the current game, it will never be balanced or fun or worth the effort in learning to play?

Or is it simply a mountain of bugs that need fixing and it will probably be a fun game once, say, the 4th expansion/patch is released?

Paradox__rep
01-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Paradox has not released anything called HoI3 Complete. We learned that after we released EU3 Complete and then felt the need to add more expansions... HoI3 complete on Steam is just the collection, so far.

There is a demo you can try if you are not sure you want to buy it. The demo will be slight slower though, since we increased performance a lot since the release.

HolisticCookie
01-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Well paradox did add arcade mode to fix that gaping chest wound called 'supply' so i guess you could call it 'complete'.

nudge
01-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Not complete since there will be a new expansion out this year

tacotuesday
01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Marketing. They're referring to a bundle package of extant games and DLC.

Don't let other users' comments about HOI3 being "unfinished" or having serious flaws faze you. HOI2 was "unfinished" for quite some time; I can say without any trace of sarcasm that Paradox is great for continually patching a game to perfection. The HOI series is one of the very few PC games about which I can honestly say each new patch brings something new to the table... They're practically DLC in themselves. (For free, no less.)