PDA

View Full Version : MoH whats it like?

snakebite105
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
I've been wanting a new shooter for awhile now but I avoid the call of duty games because half the killing is done by perks instead of people now (planes drop bombs or helicopter firing etc)

Are the killings done by players instead of perks?

What are the game modes like? constant respawn until objective is complete or 1 life per round?

alchemistlord
01-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Battlefield and Call of Duty combined is the easy way to put it.

snakebite105
01-01-2011, 12:16 PM
So I get killed by random crap AND have to listen to 1 person being leader to advance in level?

laazrockit
01-01-2011, 12:22 PM
So I get killed by random crap AND have to listen to 1 person being leader to advance in level?

lol not really, its basically bad company 2 stripped down, with no destruction, far less vehicles and slightly faster pace more cod-like gameplay/smaller maps.

snakebite105
01-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I only vaugly know anything about Battlefield games or CoD games. I played a bit of Battlefield 2142 awhile back and I tried playing CoD4:MW but patching it manually on vista 64bit messed up the server list and i couldnt play any games outside of a handful of servers.

From what i've heard of MW2 and Black Ops the series hasn't gotten better. and 2142 i didnt get to play much of because its before i got a new pc my old one could barley run Warcraft 3.

The shooters I know are all the valve shooters. CSS, DoDs, TF2, L4D1+2 so I'm at a bit of a loss when you say "Striped down version of Bad Company 2" or CoD gameplay.

XKL1
01-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Well then ... the game would be a mix out of the BF handling but fast paced, so more like CSS. And the maps are not as big as in BF.

The sound is awesome, the graphics in MP Mode is very nice!

If you want big maps, lots of weapons und vehicles and many players, go for the BF BC2.

snakebite105
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Vehicles arn't important, Map Size doesn't matter as long as there are community maps, Number of Weapons is a toss up. I'd rather have 6 different weapons then 40 weapons that act only slightly differently.

snakebite105
01-01-2011, 12:59 PM
BC2 shouldn't really be compared to MoH because they're completely different games, BC2 has much bigger maps with loads of vehicle gameplay where as MoH is more close up and more realistic (in the sense it takes less shots to kill someone).

And I much prefered what I played of the beta of MoH over the COD's that I've played and have been waiting for a sale for ages so now is the time for me to buy :)

As long as they're both FPS games they should always be compared (With a few exceptions) Other then a few gimicks striped down Halo and Day Of Defeat are essentially the same. Take gun shoot enemy complete objective.

its only when we compare that we see the difference.

Andeus
01-01-2011, 01:11 PM
What he means is that BC2 is quite dfferent in the way it plays, since the maps are vast compared to the games you mentioned. Think a BC2 map to be as big as, say, 8xDe_dust, or 6xBadwater, or even more. They are like big fields of battle with destructible environment. You can tear down walls with grenades, balconies, even the whole buildings or trees. You can like decimate a forest with a tank to clear the area, there are choppers, jeeps, tanks fighting at the same time.

With that in mind its far more tactical than other games, like MoH, where it's closer to CS:S from the games you mentioned. MoH is more about smaller maps, with only a few parts of the environment being destructible just to get access to a sniping spot or something. It's still mostly objective based but has a more Deathmatch feel to it and more CQC.

Which is why they are different. BC2 is more vast, open and tactical, MoH (and thus CoD) is more about CQC.

ec3kk
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM
As long as they're both FPS games they should always be compared (With a few exceptions) Other then a few gimicks striped down Halo and Day Of Defeat are essentially the same. Take gun shoot enemy complete objective.

its only when we compare that we see the difference.

Is that how you recognize different faces too? That's gonna take a long time. No I don't think so.

Your scientific approach is not the golden rule. Games cannot be dissected into parts as much as your facial features, your eyes may be bigger than mine but it does not mean you being more attractive by any standard. Only when as a whole it becomes meaningful.

If anyone wants a fair opinion of the game you shouldn't ask other people in here, go Youtube find some in-game footages from players and see for yourself and form your own opinion.

snakebite105
01-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Is that how you recognize different faces too? That's gonna take a long time. No I don't think so.

Your scientific approach is not the golden rule. Games cannot be dissected into parts as much as your facial features, your eyes may be bigger than mine but it does not mean you being more attractive by any standard. Only when as a whole it becomes meaningful.

If anyone wants a fair opinion of the game you shouldn't ask other people in here, go Youtube find some in-game footages from players and see for yourself and form your own opinion.

Most shooters are fairly identical outside of their gimmiks. You shoot someone in 1 game its very similar to shooting them in another.

ElDude
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I haven't tried multiplayer yet, and quite probably wont more than once as it's not really my bag these days, but the single player is ace!

I know people say it's short, and say it like it's a bad thing, but damn this single player is really nice. The only thing that bugged me throughout this single player was the effect of dirt raining down on you after a blast near you.

The music is nice, the game play is nice and it all fits together really well. I forget exactly how long I played it for but it was only something like 5 hours. You may think this is a bad thing, and it may well be if you've paid 30 for it originally, but I got it in the sale for 15 which arguably is still a bit much for such a short single player, but if you ever see this for a tenner don't hesitate to get it, I really enjoyed the single player on my system, which is DX10 (not sure if the game runs in DX11) so some of the effects were really nicely done.

So yes it's a short single player, and oddly there are two engines; one for single player and one for multiplayer, but I'd say that shortness aside this single player is well worth an 80% rating.