PDA

View Full Version : COP modtools have been released!

kommandojoe
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
You heard me right! As a special new-years gift for us all, GSC has released the tools needed to make maps for both single and multiplayer modes in Call of Pripyat! Time to port all the games to the new engine :D

http://www.moddb.com/engines/x-ray-engine/news/sdk-07stalker-call-of-pripyat-version
http://www.moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/downloads/x-ray-16-engine-sdk-v07

Now all i need to do is learn Russian :/

s.h.panda
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah! I'm gonna have some fun with this! I would provide some translation, but I doubt I'll be that much better than babelfish :/.

Nerivant
01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Time to port all the games to the new engine

That would give a new meaning to "STALKER Complete."

breakd0wn
01-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Wow, awesome. Can't wait to see what modders can do with this. Maybe I'll make a box-shaped map myself or something too, haha. :D

Bad_Motha
01-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Russian modders have already been working on porting SoC/CS maps over to CoP and to make a mod that allows you to play on them, for quite some time now. While the modtools is a good release to help aid the community, I doubt it will be needed by the more experienced modders out there.

It sure is about time and long overdue that GSC release the SDK.

kommandojoe
01-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Russian modders have already been working on porting SoC/CS maps over to CoP and to make a mod that allows you to play on them, for quite some time now. While the modtools is a good release to help aid the community, I doubt it will be needed by the more experienced modders out there.

It sure is about time and long overdue that GSC release the SDK.

they didn't have the tools needed to make maps, except for SOC. On top of that, these are professional tools made by the dev's, not jury-rigged improvised tools by the community :)

Jashin
01-02-2011, 02:56 AM
It doesn't do as much as you think it does, but it sure would make things easier and not so hackney.

kommandojoe
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
It doesn't do as much as you think it does, but it sure would make things easier and not so hackney.

^this

i'm a bit depressed that the main plugin for making maps/levels is for Maya. I use Blender :/
Even worse is that i know some coding, for C++, and blender uses python scripting.

mapata
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
How to install this MOD guys i dont have gmedata folder like SOC ?:)

Bad_Motha
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
It's not a mod. It's a kit so you can create new things for CoP.
Basically just makes making mods that much easier. But again the tools program is only in Russian. So good luck.

mapata
01-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Ty for nice and fast answer :))So than maybe i can ask what mod is best for COP :))I have applied only 1 mod MOD till now and it is Complete 2009 for SOC and instalation was nice and easy especially for STEAM :)))