PDA

View Full Version : Survival Challenge. Help!

Rhisthel
01-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi guys!

I need to know the strategie to survive more than 30 min... I play with Aztecs but at the min 27 I lost the game... plz, Help me U_U

thx

Rhisthel
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Omg. Finished :D 30:11 Spam of sun-giants and poison (and rock). :D

TimrodDX
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
The easiest way to hit 30m (even though a lot of people say otherwise) is using the Vikings. Vikings only need four researches (seven counting mana upgrades) to survive: Hammers, Catapults, Thor, and Blizzard. Hammers and Catapults devastate stacks of units, Blizzard ensures that enemies are stacked, and Thor is used during the Giant/Catapult mass waves to thin out the herd.

TheSentry
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Just for the sake of completeness: Many promising strategies are covered in this thread: thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635347&highlight=survival).

But I still can't make it. I got farest with the Vikings (23 minutes), but then it is just too much. It's funny, but when I follow any of the strategies to the letter, I won't even last the first 3 waves. So here is my "Build Order" at the start:

1. Research Thunder
2. Research Frosthammer
(simultanously build 4 gold diggers)
3. Build 3 Frosthammers
4. Research Axethrower and Tower

I just made it to 25 minutes, but then I get overrun by monkey, wizards, katapults and rocketeers. I really need some more tips for this.

EleOnAUnicycle
01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I think the Chinese have the best units for this mode. The arrows are beyond useful and the terra cotta warriors and rocketeers are too until you get to the point where there are 200 zen masters. This is from playing Wii version for too long.

TheSentry
01-15-2011, 04:28 AM
I just can't get it done. Even if I have a large amount of units, they either walk into the enemy one after other or get all killes by rocketeers.
Could you get a bit more specific on how to beat this with Chinese?

TheSentry
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Got it. With Chinese, no zen masters, only rocketeers and swordsmen, and arrows + terra cotta + dragon. Some guy posted his tactics on youtube and I followed it to the letter, it worked like a charm.
Survival 30+ min (1/4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkhPqCNSBDE)
Oh, and he did it on the PS3, works anyway.