PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 - got it working, but got disconnected from server due to PunkBuster

Gibush
01-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi. I had the CD-key error, got it fixed, joined a match and played for a few minutes, but then suddenly the game locked up and then I was back the lobby, and it said something about PunkBuster. Either it went by too fast or I clicked OK before I thought about it.

Any help?

Gandler
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
You must have been a punk and got busted.

but without the error message there ain't much help anyone can give you.

Hostage
01-02-2011, 07:15 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8612809

Gibush
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
That link says "Sorry, no matches."

Kingpin{APS}
01-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I will take a guess and say you didn't disable the Steam Overlay for bf2, if you didnt you'd constantly be kicked for BF2-pb kicks- disallowed program/driver. There are 2 ways to disable it:

1)Go to your library, right click on bf2, properties, and then check the box with disable steam overlay in-game.

2)run the game, open the steam overlay, go into settings, in-game tab, disable the "enable steam community in-game" then restart steam.

Gibush
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I disabled it, actually... You mean the "Steam Community In-Game" thing, right?

It was disabled, because first of all I don't have any Steam friends and if I did I wouldn't want them bugging me or slowing down my games.

I just tried a couple matches though and it seemed to work...

Except one I joined claimed to be a friendly, newb server, but no one was doing anything... A bunch of the people were named the exact same thing, I couldn't see any bad guys defending when I caputred their flags and the score ended up being like 200 to 0. Sounds kinda shady.

The next match I joined was ranked and had 60 players... But I couldn't spawn. I would click my class and then it would say respawning in 0, and then go back to class selection. I tried both teams. Also, no one would answer me when I chatted.

Kingpin{APS}
01-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I disabled it, actually... You mean the "Steam Community In-Game" thing, right?

Yeah

I just tried a couple matches though and it seemed to work...

Looks like you're good to go.

Except one I joined claimed to be a friendly, newb server, but no one was doing anything... A bunch of the people were named the exact same thing, I couldn't see any bad guys defending when I caputred their flags and the score ended up being like 200 to 0. Sounds kinda shady.

Probably a bot server.

The next match I joined was ranked and had 60 players... But I couldn't spawn. I would click my class and then it would say respawning in 0, and then go back to class selection. I tried both teams. Also, no one would answer me when I chatted.

You probably got kicked earlier for some small problem, probably lost connection or something which probably fixed itself with a reboot of the game. If you're still getting kicked, post the PB message here.

CowHide
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Hmmmm...me thinks you've never played the BF series before. You have to click on the part of the map where you would like to spawn. Click on one of the dots on the map. Google for the "Battlefield 2" manual. (I wonder why Steam doesn't include manuals for games in the download)

Gibush
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
... D'oh!

The thing is, I totally knew that! I started up single player and it told me to do that, I did it in the other server, I just totally forgot.

Also, the pathetic thing is I played quite a bit of Starwars Battlefront where you have to do that too.

Thanks!