PDA

View Full Version : Fun to play as a duo?

Schopenhauer
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
My girlfriend and I are looking for another co-op game to play with each other, and since we're both very interested in GW2, I was thinking of picking up GW while it's on sale. Getting the unlocks for GW2 is a bonus also.

Is it a good game to go through as a duo, or do you need bigger groups to do things? Would it be fun as a duo?

Thanks for any insight.

DARKNIGHT
01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
It is very fun to play as a duo, and you can do prettymuch everything in the game with 2 people, except for some elite missions.

Id say Go for it.

Graywind
01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes it is. When I frist started to pay GW, a friend and I played our way through it. As long as you pick your team of NPC's right you'll have a really good fun time.

Gentle
01-02-2011, 01:53 PM
If you have purchased Nightfall or Eye of the North as well, you get access to heroes.

Heroes are customizable and to a certain degree, controllable AI characters.

They will fill out a party.

Most of the time you will want to have 4-8 characters in your party.

Unless of course it is a "solo" quest or mission.

Gentle

Schopenhauer
01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, probably going to pick up the trilogy for each of us.

Let's say we played through Factions first, and then we wanted to play Prophecies (just an example, not sure what order we'll actually go). Does everything scale to level 20 if we start Prophecies after Factions? Or do you have to start new characters? What's the norm to do?

EDIT: I realize EOTN is necessary to do the GW2 stuff, but it's okay to get it later, right?

DARKNIGHT
01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the replies, probably going to pick up the trilogy for each of us.

Let's say we played through Factions first, and then we wanted to play Prophecies (just an example, not sure what order we'll actually go). Does everything scale to level 20 if we start Prophecies after Factions? Or do you have to start new characters? What's the norm to do?

EDIT: I realize EOTN is necessary to do the GW2 stuff, but it's okay to get it later, right?

The game doesnt scale if you go from factions to prophecies, you would need to head to ascalon with the factions character so you know how the story goes, but everything there is low level mobs, no real challenge for any lvl 20 char.

Id say its best to start with prophecies characters, its slow but a good way to get to know the game.

Also getting eotn later on isnt a problem.

The Comfy Chair
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Aye i recommend starting in prophecies otherwise it's (meaning the prophecies campaign) just too easy and gets old fast. Which is unfortunate really as it's not a bad story. Otherwise nightfall is the best starter area (factions is too fast and a bit more difficult for new players).

Once you finish a campaign you get access to hard mode though, which is even more fun (it scales every area to be a true challenge for level 20's, and areas already for level 20's get even harder) ^^