PDA

View Full Version : Couple of noobish questions

Nomadski
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Just playing main campaign on Anno 1404 and my guys are getting hungry for lack of spices, but I cant build any spice plantations in the northern area.

I see a lot of unoccupied islands, how do I claim them so I can go settle a nomad camp up?

dmdilks
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
You have to build a city in the southern area of the map. You have to go to the Lord Northburgh’s island. There you buy scrolls from him with horror. Then bring them to the Al Zahir island. He'll give a ship and go to the biggest island that has spice on it and settle that island.

Diocruel
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
For spices you need a southern island with fertility for spices. You can check it by clicking on an island and see if they are showing a spices icon in a small bar at the top of the screen. Fertility for spices can only be found on southern islands with *desert.*

Claiming an island is pretty simple as well, you just need a boat, wood and tools. You have to position your boat near your warehouse first, then you can transfer about 20 tons of both wood and tools to your boat by clicking on the warehouse and then on the specific resources. After that you transport your boat to an island with fertility for spices. If you just want to find an island for Nomads, then you don't need the fertility for spices. However, it would be nice to combine the two since then you would only need 1 island for both. When you are near the island, you can click on your boat and you should see a icon that says 'place warehouse' on the right of your screen. Place it and you should be able to build on your isle. Keep in mind that all resources from a single island are just for that island. If you need more tools and wood you have to either make them too on the island or ship them over!

You might need build plans, but you can get those by completing quest for the sultan.

Nomadski
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Which scrolls allow me to settle elsewhere? Ive given Al Zahir some honour scrolls but cant see any way of settling.

Nomadski
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
For spices you need a southern island with fertility for spices. You can check it by clicking on an island and see if they are showing a spices icon in a small bar at the top of the screen. Fertility for spices can only be found on southern islands with *desert.*

Claiming an island is pretty simple as well, you just need a boat, wood and tools. You have to position your boat near your warehouse first, then you can transfer about 20 tons of both wood and tools to your boat by clicking on the warehouse and then on the specific resources. After that you transport your boat to an island with fertility for spices. If you just want to find an island for Nomads, then you don't need the fertility for spices. However, it would be nice to combine the two since then you would only need 1 island for both. When you are near the island, you can click on your boat and you should see a icon that says 'place warehouse' on the right of your screen. Place it and you should be able to build on your isle. Keep in mind that all resources from a single island are just for that island. If you need more tools and wood you have to either make them too on the island or ship them over!

You might need build plans, but you can get those by completing quest for the sultan.

Ah that explained it, thanks.

Diocruel
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Your welcome.

dmdilks
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Here is something I found and could help the Noob's. It is a walkthrough for the game. Plus I thank Shawn Overcash for this.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzIng8COode5YTJhMTNlODctN2QzMS00YjA3LTkzM DctMmI2ZmM3ZTcyNmQ0&hl=en&authkey=CN-7yqkO

Diocruel
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
That seems like a pretty neat guide for newer players. Maybe we should try to get in the FAQ section.