PDA

View Full Version : Good Encore Games

SirBobulous
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
This encore sale has been a bit disappointing compared to the last one but still pretty good. I'm definitely thinking about buying the Stalker Complete pack. Is Neverwinter 2 Platinum any good? Or do you guys have other recommendations.

fluffywumpkins
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Neverwinter Nights 2 is definetly worth 10 bucks.

If you don't get into the single-player, the multiplayer/mods are basically limitless. I played NWN 1 a loooong time back, and sometimes still play it.

Vizari
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
NWN 1 > NWN 2
By far!

fluffywumpkins
01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
NWN 1 > NWN 2
By far!

Haven't played much of NWN 2 yet, but they look pretty similar to me. I for one, like the new races, as well as direct party control.

Most of the additions, however, were already available via mods on NWN 1.

Wiggums5
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Stalker pack
Amnesia
Dead Space
GTA Collection
Mafia 2
Hitman 2 and Blood Money

UberMudkipz
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Like others have said, go for GTA Complete. Its a steal at its current price, and lots of replay value.

sprakes
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I would suggest STALKER pack, Hitman collection and Plants vs. Zombies GOTY

stella artois
01-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Buy STALKER, NWN2 will probably reduce to STALKERS price in a deal in a few months.

SirBobulous
01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to choose between Bioshock, Borderlands and Fallout 3. Thanks for all the replies. So far I'm getting NWN2, PvZ and GTA Complete.

Raefzm
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
personally i think the whole idea of encore sale is stupid. Why have it on sale again. Just wrong.

SSWeltenfeind
01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
personally i think the whole idea of encore sale is stupid. Why have it on sale again. Just wrong.

Why? Some people can buy games they preferred to buy the last day, like me with Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum. I am thinking about buying that one or Civ IV Complete.

Magi Kavin
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Because for every five people that purchase the game, one person is going to miss it. I'd imagine it's a smart business strategy to put some of your top sellers on sale for the people that missed it, and for the people who want to gift it to others. Makes no sense to YOU, makes perfect business sense to THEM.

The idea is to make money. That's pretty much the strategy for every business.

Planeforger
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
NWN 1 > NWN 2
By far!

I'd have to strongly disagree with this. NWN was easily Bioware's weakest game, feeling more like a tech demo for the modding tools than a great game in its own right. Playing a solo character in a DnD game with a weak plot and weaker questing really wasn't the best idea. At least the mods, multiplayer and second expansion made it worth a purchase, but the actual game was a bit meh.

NWN2, on the other hand, was really quite good - definitely one of the best party-based RPGs of the past five years. It felt like a nice cross between BG2 and KOTOR, although perhaps not as good as either, and the first expansion offered one of the most epic Forgotten Realms campaigns that we've ever seen in games.

Uh, short version is that I think NWN2 is worth a look.

nijuu
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
The NWN2 storyline for SP was much better (Its an Obsidian game so has to be ;).)