PDA

View Full Version : Game doesn't work with Win7 64, ATI

Frightnen
01-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't know if it's the video card or operating system or what, but I can't get the game to load at all. I click 'Play', the screen goes black for a few seconds, and then I get the error box stating the program has stopped working.

I've done a whole buncha searchin' and the only possible fix I've seen is running the game through 3D-Analyze. And that fix doesn't work for me, either because I'm doing it wrong or be3cause it just doesn't work. If anyone has any insight into this please let me know, even if you've got a similar set-up and it runs fine for you.

Thanks

Intel Core 2 6300
3Gb Ram
ATI 4850

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cld.exe
Application Version: 1.2.0.1
Application Timestamp: 470ccaaf
Fault Module Name: cld.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 470ccaaf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000073fd
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Frightnen
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Okay, the problem seems to have fixed itself. I'm not sure why, exactly, but the City Life Editor mysteriously showed up in my 'Download' queue, and once that finished the game proper started up just fine. There were a few minutes where nothing happened after I clicked 'Play' and I thought it was still locking up, but it ended up being some sort of first-time setup of the game files.

Anyways, if anyone else has this problem then I'd suggest going into the 'Tools' menu and downloading the editor for the game, as that seems to have some essential program files.