PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller issue

adj789
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
the camera keeps spinning and I can't make it stop! I can move the analog and it responds but it wont stop moving to the right in the rest position rendering the game unplayable for me

Kain
01-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Same for me (in SW), but i don't think that problem will ever be fixed (and all others)

Zantagor
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
the camera keeps spinning and I can't make it stop! I can move the analog and it responds but it wont stop moving to the right in the rest position rendering the game unplayable for me

Did you try recalibrating your analogs in windows Joystick configurator? Your deadzone is probably misaligned or something. I use a 360 Controller with the game and it works perfectly fine.

or your controller analog stick contact is messed up and oversensitive. (my left Analog in some games will keep moving left after I moved left, until I nudge it a bit to the right) But that's not which ever game it's happening with's fault. It's the controller at that point.

Psy-Phi
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Being able to configure the deadzone size of the 360 controller is something I really wish I could do, mine is like yours Zantagor, tilts tot he left slightly sometimes. Some games (like AC2) I never notice it in, I think they have a larger deadzone. But others like this game and Psychonauts I do.

Kain
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
How can i recalibrate deadzones? (in windows 7)

adj789
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
How can i recalibrate deadzones? (in windows 7)

go to devices and printers

select game pad

right click

controller options

settings

calibrate

however this did not fix my problem
I didn't see any option for dead zones
I also have another problem when I quit it doesn't quit I have to ctl alt del

Kain
01-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Lol, after calibration Stranger now walks left allways if i press and release left thumbstick :D
I think game is too sensitive with deadzones or calibration or whatever (and need to be fixed)

Kain
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Sad, but patch don't fix this problem (

Stewart Gilray
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Sad, but patch don't fix this problem (

I can't see why the game would fix this? surely this is an issue with the pad?

Kain
01-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Maybe, but Munch Odyssey works normal (and all others games)

Frozen_Fish
01-22-2011, 04:03 AM
I can't see why the game would fix this? surely this is an issue with the pad?

While it is technically the controllers fault I think it would be wise to make the game a little less sensitive to the analogue stick input because most controllers have at least a small deadzone on purchase or develop it after regular use, infact I beleive at least the Gamecube and original Xbox had a system where they would account for any plugged in controllers' deadzone at startup as it's such a common issue with analogue sticks.

I wasn't aware my Xbox 360 controller had any deadzone as it never plays up with my Xbox 360 console or my PC games (even Munch's Oddyssey), but it turns out I have one on each analogue stick.