PDA

View Full Version : Make League of Legends free

freaka20
01-03-2011, 08:22 AM
cant steam just make the game free? i mean seriously the game is free at LoLs official site, who do you think would buy league of legends for 20 bux:eek:?! its just waste of time.

Alexc26
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I think if you buy it you get extra things or more stuff, so I assume its just there if anyone does want the extra things, and have it on steam as well.

freaka20
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
no my friend got it on steam. he got the exactly same stuff as you get when you download it free on their site.

Wertoret
01-03-2011, 09:02 AM
lol the whole point of "buying" LoL is to get 20 starting characters, some runes and $10 RP

if you want it free you can just download it with 0 RP, only the rotation characters playable and no runes to start off.

Kitten! <3
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
no my friend got it on steam. he got the exactly same stuff as you get when you download it free on their site.

Then your friend failed miserably. You get a code when you buy it on steam, it's used to unlock all the stuff.

Getsuga Tensho
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Then your friend failed miserably. You get a code when you buy it on steam, it's used to unlock all the stuff.

This. If you actually read what you get when you buy it on Steam then look on the LoL store then you'd see the exact same thing.

You're buying the pack on Steam and seemingly the ability to run the game through Steam. I see no problem with using the client you get from Riot games myself.

arisaka
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I think running LoL as a non-steam shortcut is good enough. There is steam community in-game and I haven't had any problems with it so far.