PDA

View Full Version : Medic Machine guns are so OP for the class

Smeagolthevile
01-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I really dont get this, its the only thing Im not understanding about this game.
A: why do engineers have silenced SMGs while medics have heavy machine guns, up until recently medics did not even carry weapons besides maybe a side arm.
B: how do they make excuses for a MACHINE GUN, something that NEEDS a tripod or to be braced In order for it to not fly up and shoot birds, to be able to be used as a rifle, with little to no kick, good accuracy and a massive clip?

I have seen that gun used in place of assault rifles and in place of sniper rifles with it's accuracy and just huge clip, using it to snipe people from across the map.

Guano-
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
A: Because every other class as a secondary weapon to use (IE: RPG, Tube, Mortar/C4).

Think how unbalanced it would be for a sniper, Engineer or Assault to run around with a LMG with the secondary weapons they get.

B. It is a Game.

Twombly
01-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't see how this late in the game you can possibly think you're some sort of visionary coming out with this new theory that's never been heard before.

We've been fine with it since March, I don't think it's a pressing matter.

And as far as medics not carrying weapons, you do realize medics in real war and medics in battlefield are different, right? Something makes me think smacking someone upside the head with a box won't heal them like it does in battlefield, which more or less invalidates the practicality argument.

Ace Quat
01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
lmgs may have high ammo count, but also usually slow rate of fire, terrible accuracy @ mid-long range and NO EXPLOSIVES except one nade

everything is perfectly balanced, move along.

PoIson895
01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
They have high magazine counts and some of the lowest damage values in the game..... I don't see the problem.

Kalabalana
01-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Actually he's correct, medic is actually, point-wise, the OP class. A slight nerf to the weapons could bring it down to the other classes. But yes, this is nothing new.

bobsbarricades
01-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I think, as a game, it's fairly balanced. I thought it strange, but... its a game. and it is well balanced.

if only voip worked...

Kalabalana
01-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Naw, the game is not balanced.

Zefar
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
lmgs may have high ammo count, but also usually slow rate of fire, terrible accuracy @ mid-long range and NO EXPLOSIVES except one nade

everything is perfectly balanced, move along.

Actually, LMG have a rather high fire rate with the exception of M60. Their accuracy rivals those great Assault rifles and MG36 could be seen as the best weapon in the game.

They work lovely on close, medium and long range all though on long range it's only really good for the MG36.

Not sure if you've used the LMG that often but I and my brother have. They are quite deadly mind you.

I don't see a problem though. The Assault rifles can still kill pretty quick.

Alex1981
01-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I find assault rifles to be more accurate. At least that's how they've worked for me. I get higher headshot ratios with ARs, too.

Smeagolthevile
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
First, some of us only got the game.
As far as the 'its only a game' well, the red orchestra game and mods require machine guns to be mounted to have any kind of accuracy with the firepower they give. ALSO day of defeat source requires the same exact thing.

The issue is that it is a jack of all trades weapon. SMGs are for close range only for the most part, Assault rifles are not the best for close range, best for medium to long range, the sniper rifles are best for extreme long ranges, it can work at medium, and cant work at short at all. but a MG can do close range with the high rate of fire and tear people up, at medium range its very good and at long range its accurate enough with it's ammo capacity to snipe-ish.

heyguysitsme
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I really dont get this, its the only thing Im not understanding about this game.
A: why do engineers have silenced SMGs while medics have heavy machine guns, up until recently medics did not even carry weapons besides maybe a side arm.
B: how do they make excuses for a MACHINE GUN, something that NEEDS a tripod or to be braced In order for it to not fly up and shoot birds, to be able to be used as a rifle, with little to no kick, good accuracy and a massive clip?

I have seen that gun used in place of assault rifles and in place of sniper rifles with it's accuracy and just huge clip, using it to snipe people from across the map.

My brother in law is a medic, he also carries a SAW through 130 degree weather and does not need a tripod. Another squad in the same platoon carries (2) M60's...no tripod. You just have to be in fit shape...and like above said, its just a video game. If you can't beat them, join them. Unless you're so used to the recon kit...

Smeagolthevile
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Bi pod and Tripod.
Tripods are mounted for fixed positions and can be closed up and carried, Bipods are attached to the front.
Ill put money on if your brother is firing a machine gun from a standing position without bracing it on something he is either superman or a moron.

Guhn.E
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
B: how do they make excuses for a MACHINE GUN, something that NEEDS a tripod or to be braced In order for it to not fly up and shoot birds, to be able to be used as a rifle, with little to no kick, good accuracy and a massive clip?Ask this guy how many birds he took out without using a bi/tripod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

heyguysitsme
01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Bi pod and Tripod.
Tripods are mounted for fixed positions and can be closed up and carried, Bipods are attached to the front.
Ill put money on if your brother is firing a machine gun from a standing position without bracing it on something he is either superman or a moron.

Stay classy....

<AvA>Duff5000
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Ask this guy how many birds he took out without using a bi/tripod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

ROFL. Dual weilding LMGs!

LosTracE
01-03-2011, 06:44 PM
^^^good thing the m246 has 200 round per box

if i can give up medic box, shock paddle for a chance to dual weilding lmgs, i will go for it

kommandojoe
01-03-2011, 06:44 PM
A: Combat Engineers and vehicle crews in most militarys are armed with SMG's. Combat medics have always been armed, it would be silly to lug a man around in combat that had no combat effectiveness.

B: LMG's are far more accurate than assault rifles, and have much less vertical recoil and kick than assault rifles. its very easy and common to fire in large streams while standing without resting the LMG on a surface.