PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable content found.

plethora
01-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Each time I start DeathSpank TOV the message "Downloadable content found." pops up.

Could someone explain in detail what this is about? The "Download Content " option in game gives "There is no downloadable content available for this game."

This is somewhat contradictory and is frankly driving me bonkers. I really want extra content damnit !

Topshmups
01-04-2011, 02:47 AM
I get the same message too. But i'm not sure that if you have just downloaded it it will already be in the game hence there is nothing there to download.

If not then I have some more slaying to do I'm sure we will get an answer.

t0maz
01-04-2011, 03:07 AM
I think TOV has two pieces of DLC, but on Steam they're already included in the game when you get it. If you right-click it in the Game Library and select View Downloadable Content, you will see the two DLC's there (DLCPack1 and DLCPack2).

I'm not sure what they are, though. One is the snowy cave with the Tree at the end (subject of an achievement), but what the other one is, I don't know.

Perhaps it's a bug the game notifies you that there is DLC available while it already has them.

Anudu
01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
The other DLC is a new second player character. Both are already included in the Steam download. Therefore, there isn't anything new to download.

plethora
01-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Well frankly I consider the message popping up every time I start that there is new content , when in reality I have that content already installed a bug.

If there's ever some real extra content I'll never notice !

Anudu
01-04-2011, 04:13 AM
You receive the message "DLC found", because you downloaded and installed it and the game uses it.

Otherwise you'd get "DLC available". Makes perfect sense to me.

plethora
01-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Good for you!

flava_clown
01-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure what they are, though. One is the snowy cave with the Tree at the end (subject of an achievement), but what the other one is, I don't know.

the other one is another sidekick, a playable character for the local coop.

both DLC are for free and should be installed automaticaly.
there should be also an in-game note in the inventory which tells you how you can access the DLC content (the snowy cave mentionend by t0maz already).

infos about the new sidekick can be found in the in-game help.