PDA

View Full Version : Cannot complete tutorial "Speed vault"

TsuruSennin
01-04-2011, 05:23 AM
So, I can't seem to get how to do the speed vault tutorial, it always fails me, whatever distance I try it. Anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to make speed vaults in the game itself if I skip the tutorial. Playing on mouse and keyboard, if that has something to do with it.

neural_jam
03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I was stuck on that for absolutely ages too... I think I passed it by holding forwards or jump (up action) or both... something like that, I can't quite remember

Akel
09-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Gonna bump this just in case someone else has this problem. I found the solution somewhere else. I had a 360 gamepad plugged in when I started the game, but I've read that keyboard and mouse controls are pretty good as it is so I've been using that.

Apparently, it kinda screws with the keyboard controls. To fix it, make sure your gamepad is still plugged in, go to gamepad options and switch the inverted control to normal. After that, keyboard controls should be fine.

NXMT
09-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Do remember you need a certain amount of speed for any speed vaults to be successful.

CounterPillow
09-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Gonna bump this just in case someone else has this problem. I found the solution somewhere else. I had a 360 gamepad plugged in when I started the game, but I've read that keyboard and mouse controls are pretty good as it is so I've been using that.

Apparently, it kinda screws with the keyboard controls. To fix it, make sure your gamepad is still plugged in, go to gamepad options and switch the inverted control to normal. After that, keyboard controls should be fine.

Thanks, this really helped me. <3

attackfrog
10-16-2011, 02:07 PM

You are my saviour!

enzefalon
02-25-2012, 07:23 PM

So many thanks. I think, i'd gone crazy and smashed some gamepads and/or keyboards in the next 5 minutes without this tip. Thought I suck so badly i can't even finish the tutorial :)

Twelvefield
02-28-2012, 01:25 AM
But wait, there's more...

EA patched the game, which broke some of the DX rendering...

... and also the functionality of Logitech keyboards. Like the one I have.

If you cannot make the speed vault and have trouble handing onto pipes, this is your issue. One way to fix this is to revert the patch, which we cannot do on the STEAM version. Another is to use an XBOX 360 controller (only). Finally, you can ditch your loyal Logitch for a different brand.

Some fun, huh kids?