PDA

View Full Version : FC2 wont recognize ubi,com account

celestialokami
01-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I just verified by logging into the website, then trying to enter my account and CD key in the 'Additional content' menu just after my first launch of the game. The game fails to correctly recognize my account.

Is this a normal issue? Google doesn't seem to reveal it as a common problem with a solution.

187eR
01-05-2011, 02:04 AM
I just verified by logging into the website, then trying to enter my account and CD key in the 'Additional content' menu just after my first launch of the game. The game fails to correctly recognize my account.

Is this a normal issue? Google doesn't seem to reveal it as a common problem with a solution.

i have the same issue, cant go online on farcry1, and 2!

StupidWeasel
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I can confirm this as well. I get an "Incorrect Username or Password" error message. Has support for Farcry 2 online / multi player been pulled?

187eR
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
have u guys been able to sign in?

hahahehe
01-08-2011, 09:47 AM
worked perfectly for me yesterday.

Necronaught
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
i have the same issue, cant go online on farcry1, and 2!

far cry 2 onlinr is terrible with its lobby and no jip. Unless they patched it to have JiP

StupidWeasel
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Small bump here folks - I managed to fix the problem for myself. I was using a 16 character password (maximum allowed for a ubisoft account) and getting the "Incorrect Username or Password" error message (as I mentioned above). I opened a ticket with Ubisoft tech support, but we were getting nowhere. I decided to try a shorter password this evening, and it worked - it seems FarCry 2 can't handle passwords 16 characters long.

I'm not quite sure what the limit is, but if you have a long password and decide to reduce the size I recommend you still keep it 10 characters or over.

CatPhoenix
02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Here is an additional bump and a huge WTF...

Try typing a shift+number key on the keyboard when entering a password (or username for that matter). Notice how the cursor doesn't move? Apparently Far Cry 2 will not let you enter in a password that has special character, eventhough my UbiSoft key does contain those characters. UbiSoft, Hello! WTF!

I mean, I've heard of some stupid things before, but this? This is almost like having a remote control and someone forgets to put the volume control on it, I mean come on!