PDA

View Full Version : X3TC - clean installation achievements are not achieved ?!

grisha0
01-07-2011, 02:40 AM
hi,

i've installed a clean installation out of steam,
passed flight school, done a bunch of other achievements... none are on my account

later on i've noticed that my pilot property on the bottom says "*modified*"...

i've not used any mods/scritps/whatever... it is a clean Steam installation...

i've validated the game files... no problem there...

i've tried different start profiles terran defender/humble merchant/DID ... no difference there

What to do to "unmodify" game that i've not modified !?

vohk
01-07-2011, 04:17 PM
i've installed a clean installation out of steam,
passed flight school, done a bunch of other achievements... none are on my account

later on i've noticed that my pilot property on the bottom says "*modified*"...

...What to do to "unmodify" game that i've not modified !?

*I'm assuming you had previously installed the game, modified it, and are now reinstalling it.* I always play modified so I havn't had to deal with this, but my guess is that your uninstall didn't remove the scripts/mods you installed. You'll probably find a more definitive answer on the official Egosoft forums, but AFAIK you cannot remove the modified tag from an existing save game. You have to start a new game after cleaning your install.

You could try checking through your game folder and running any mod uninstall scripts, if there are any, or going through and manually deleting the modified content. Or you could just delete any affected folders (scripts, t, types, etc;>100MB or so) and verify the cache again. Failing the above, deleting all local content, manually removing any leftovers and then reinstalling should ensure everything is clean (but that's a little extreme).

I would definitely recommend checking the Egosoft Tech Support forum before doing anything drastic. You'll probably be able to find a simpler solution.

heagar
01-08-2011, 03:09 AM
ya did you open the script editor that will atomaticly make your gamed modified. also it happen to me ones where i had no mods nothing my game started crashing and so i validated game files and ended up with a modified tag not sure if thats what did it but it was a 5 day game i started over..
now i check for mod tag every 10 saves or so

also are you connected to steam servers because if you are in offline mode you will not get achivements