PDA

View Full Version : Re-New my game through Steam?

TomerManKill
01-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Hi, I've bought BC2 as an actual CD about 4-5 months ago, and recently the disk started causing me trouble, I think its scratched or something.

Anyways, I want to know if there's such an option to download the game through steam, without getting a CD key, cause I already have the one from the actual CD linked to my EA account, so I dont need a new CD key..

I really hope this option exists cause frankly it can't be abused, if you don't have a cdkey linked to your account what good do you get from downloading it through Steam?

Thanks alot for replies!

Digital_Beating
01-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Sorry, there is no option like that. Steam does not handle CD's they only do digital distribution. However if you contact EA or maybe even DICE you can try going through their support and ask if they do replacement CD's for your game. I believe at one time they did for a small fee but I'm unsure. Best of luck to you.

TomerManKill
01-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Sorry, there is no option like that. Steam does not handle CD's they only do digital distribution. However if you contact EA or maybe even DICE you can try going through their support and ask if they do replacement CD's for your game. I believe at one time they did for a small fee but I'm unsure. Best of luck to you.

Yeah, well I'm not asking for a new CD, I'm just asking to get the game through Steam, and I'm not asking for Steam to deal with my actual CD, I just want to get the option to download the game without paying, and without recieving a CD key through steam.
I don't mind displaying my legal CDkey as well if a Steam official will contact me.

LegendaryDread
01-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Not gonna happen, sorries~

Cyanyde
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Can you use the cd key to register the game with steam?
(via the "activate a game on steam" option)
If that doesn't work, steam isn't going to help you.

Wait for it to go on sale again. It was $6 and change the last time it was on sale. ;)

Guyver1911
01-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think you can add retail BFBC2 CD key's to steam but you can add it to EA download manager. Just go to EA store and click activate game.

TomerManKill
01-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah I'm downloading it through the EA download manager right now..
Though its always nicer to have games on Steam cause of automatic updates and such..

And no, BC2 isnt included in the list of items I can activate through steam..