PDA

View Full Version : DC universe noob here.

Trickey
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey there, I didn't play any of the Beta as I only discovered this game a few hours ago and thought it looked amazing, a few questions for you more veteran players out there.

I enjoy PvP as-well as PvE, what would be an ideal set-up that incorporates DPS?

Super-speed/acrobatics/flying - They all look so appealing, what are the pro's and cons of all 3?

When is the game realised GMT time? 6pm?

Villain or Hero... I just cant decide, can you persuade me to pick one?

Thankyou for the help.

Alex

lastarchon
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
i encourage you to buy it. you will probably enjoy it as much as you expect, from watching the videos.

a lot of builds/combos are viable. some of the more popular DPS builds are 2-handed & fire, 2-handed and ice, brawling & fire, brawling & ice... pretty much go for big melee hits, and fire or ice which are the primary damage powers.

i prefer acrobatics as it is a bit easier to control people with (special abilities) in PVP. others prefer flight and super speed. you can probably make a viable build no matter which you choose.

i prefer villains, too. i find the story lines more interesting than the quests/stories for heroes.

DirtyLary
01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I a nut shell, every class can DPS. There will be cookie cutter builds ( I'm sure that's what you are looking for). Each toon has at least two roles, one for DPS and one for their specific "class". Just comes down to which weapon , travel skil and super power you enjoy playing.

snapcase
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I a nut shell, every class can DPS. There will be cookie cutter builds ( I'm sure that's what you are looking for). Each toon has at least two roles, one for DPS and one for their specific "class". Just comes down to which weapon , travel skil and super power you enjoy playing.

Hmm, doesn't sound like that deep of gameplay honestly.

Trickey
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the input.

Are their raids and instances available? Is this game similar to most MMORPGS? quests etc?

Spattercat
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
There are alerts, which are pick up group or pre- form group instances. There are duos, which are instances scaled for two. There are quests, which usually culminate in a boss fight inside an instance. There are open world wanted quests, repeatables, pvp, and raids (pretty sure the raids stay small, at 10 man limit). Think there's a bit more, too, but that's off the top of my head.

DarkSplinter82
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Well the PvP I actually like. You got your basic arena 8v8 and your legends. Legends...which early in the game you unlock 2 characters to play as in pvp batman and harley quin and with more pvp the more characters you can buy to play as in pvp. Arena is your toon in combat. When it comes down to it all classes can be dps 2 are tank 2 are controller(CC stun that fun stuff and power regen for part) and 2 heals so your options are open

You also when making your character get to choose a huge amount of weapons which I think give the big bang for character creation...people have been ♥♥♥♥♥ing about only 6 powers to choose from but each weapon has its own combos and types of attacks.

And well when it comes to heroes or villains it all depends do you want to be bad or good.

So yea well on that note I hope you enjoy the game!