PDA

View Full Version : DISC or DL or Wait for bugs....

Hi5_impala
01-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Whats up all, just wondering if i should get this game on Disc or DL it or wait till the bugs have been worked out?
Im a bit gun shy to buy another game at launch because of Black Ops..
Also, could someone that has played BETA DCUO tell me how this game compares to Age Of Conan (graphics and game play).. AOC is the only other MMO i have played, im pretty sick of it to be honest.
Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks!

scou7
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
buy it now or get kicked around when you join later by higher lvls and better geared players like in wow LOL

Ragnokak
01-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Thats a hard question to answer straight up.
Both games have a very specific style to them and as such, the graphic comparison is hard to make. I will say that DC Online blows Champs out of the water with graphics. Personally I loved the graphics of DC Online and Conan (for the week I played that hunk).

Game play I think was a little better in Conan as the UI in DC is kind of what I call horrible. I did not find it very intuitive in the least. Game play quality is something I can compare though and while I didn't like Conan, I have to give them credit for a more polished game at launch.

In the end I chose not to move from Beta to Live with DC due to the fact that it feels way to much like a port from console.

IMHO, DCUO needs 6 more months of beta.

(point of note, I have over 12 years of MMO experience with over 10 MMO's under my belt in that time frame)

War-A-Tron
01-11-2011, 08:54 AM
buy it now or get kicked around when you join later by higher lvls and better geared players like in wow LOL

Dunno about that mate, the best geared lvl80 wow player as of a couple of months ago is worse geared at lvl81 that a cataclysm geared lvl81 noob :)