PDA

View Full Version : The new enemy (yellow square)

Skaery
01-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Could you please make him slower or something? Before him I could do around 150k, but now I'm having a hard time just getting 50k because he's so fast that I can't just fly around him. ~75-85% of my deaths are by him.

Saijin_Naib
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
That is the point of the Swarm, and that is why their spawn rate is so low/rare.

Joshyy
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I'll bring his speed down slightly. I'm still keeping him faster than the player however.

Skaery
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
That is the point of the Swarm, and that is why their spawn rate is so low/rare.
Rare? More than once I've seen these as the first two enemies in chaotic, and after a few min. without dying I'm fleeing from 5-8 of them. And in normal mode after a short while they spawn in packs of five :(

@Joshyy - thanks. Perhaps also make them a bit more rare you won't get flocked by them.

Saijin_Naib
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeh, that is rare. In the old engine you'd start off Chaotic with about 5-10 of them. :) They're not that hard, just tricky to corner and kill.

HeatSurge
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I agree they're ridiculously hard to kill... it's not very enjoyable unfortunately.

I wish I had their dodging reflexes -_- ...

Saijin_Naib
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree they're ridiculously hard to kill... it's not very enjoyable unfortunately.

I wish I had their dodging reflexes -_- ...
Its all a matter of opinion. I quite enjoy the challenge :)

A tip: They're more interested in dodging your fire than they are in hitting you, use that to your advantage to get them to move away from where you are.