PDA

View Full Version : Hangs on SOE splash screen on start up, despite fix attempts

flowerbed
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Hello,

I preloaded the game, completed my subscription when it released, loaded the rest of the content but had to reset my computer coz the download stopped dead. When i tried to launch the game again it got stuck on the SOE screen indefinitely.

I looked up the issue, and tried a few suggestions, namely manually updating flash player through IE, rebooting computer and then verifying game cache through steam. The verification process found a ton of stuff missing, so i downloaded the rest.

BUT

I still hang at the SOE screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

my computer specs are:

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3,33 Ghz 3.33 GHz
12 GB ram
64 bit
latest direct x
latest videocard drivers for dual ATI HD5800 linked in crossfire.

Magatame
01-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I also have this.. I assume its a client issue, it freezes on the screen for about 30-60 seconds then the game loads. I have seen startups for MMO's that have taken longer so I didn't really pay attention. If anyone finds a fix please post :)

CandyMan2K10
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Flowerbed. Sorry to nag, but did you manage to find a fix for the launcher problem? I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried everything that people have suggested on various forums and still get no joy. Short of phoning them later if I can, I am totally stumped.

o iAlexX o
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
i have the same problem and when i verify integrity of game cache it still wont work i have even tried deleting dcuo and installing it again but not even that worked

Thalvaus
01-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I am getting this same problem.

Tried the remedies mention to no avail.

It hangs at the beginning of the Launchpad and doesn't go past it.

Been trying to fix this problem for almost twelve hours now.

CandyMan2K10
01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Yea, same here iAlexx. I'm getting desparate and am considering a windows 7 reboot to see if that helps, although that will be a last resort.

CandyMan2K10
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Just wondering what you guys plan on doing if the problem persists. Is there a helpline set up or anything for this game? I've been so busy deleting this, reinstalling that, I aint checked yet. Feeling braindead right now, totally out of ideas.

o iAlexX o
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
my guess would be that we're going to have to wait until steam fixes the problem until we can play the game. i have tried verifying game integrity multiple times and still doesn't work.

flowerbed
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah, still no luck. It doesn't even seem to start up. I'm gonna leave it hanging to see if it eventually decides to work, otherwise it seems we are all screwed.

a lot of stuff i read about the problem points to a combination of flash player, IE intergration in DCU (why??), firewall stuff and javascript, but i can't figure it out.

I have since tried combinations of installing/updating/reinstalling/rebooting all of them, including the game itself, to no avail. i will not go through a full windows reboot, the game should damn well run by that stage.

the following link is the most specific forum i have found for this issue, maybe someone can tinker better than i can and figure it out. http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=5438

CandyMan2K10
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
@Flowerbed
Just followed that link to the best of my ability and still no luck. Thanks for the link anyway though. This sucks doesn't it?!! I can't be fecked to give it anymore time right now and am off to bed with the slim hope that it will be fixed soon. Fingers crossed I guess.

Freddy482
01-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I solved this problem on my Windows XP.

Upgrade Internet Explorer to version 8 or higher. (I think 7 works too.)
Set it as your primary browser.
Install the latest flash player.

Remember, when the SOE screen pops up, you still have to wait a minute or two before it goes away.

Digital_Jesus
01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Set the launcher to run as Administrator. Its been a fix for a few issues so far.

Gunnm55
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Brainstorm'n:
1) Is there a Security app running? (if yes, is the DCUO or steam given permission to connect to the internet. AKA pasthrough security firewall)

2) Has DCUO been given permission to access the internet through the firewall? (I've WinOS7 64bit, the security area of the Control Panel was not easy to find, but I gave it permission to not be stopped by the OS/Firewall.)

3) Do you have all your software preferences set to Not auto-update? (I do this to eliminate potentials. If a random software tries to auto-update~ie: Adobe Reader, Firefox, etc~ when I'm busy using My PC and causes interruption of the thing I'm doing. I may throw my coffee cup at the cat. & nobody wants that to happen)

4) Do you share WiFi internet access in a Dorm, apartment complex, or with a large family that likes to stream all sorts of nonsense? (may cause traffic issues, potentially? Especially if it is not secured and your neighbor is using it also.)

5) If on a Laptop, are the power management settings optimized? (has someone else changed the setting without your knowing, and it's not cool, not cool at all person, to the one who changed it without your knowing.)

So many variables are to be considered with a game that is only playable via an internet connection. Good luck. I hope I may have lead the considerations towards a possible fix.

Other generic troubleshooting tips(These I imagine you've done, fellow games, but just in case, I'll suggest anyways): Defrag (especially if you've installed, uninstalled, and installed again) and Error Checking.

Gunnm55
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Another consideration: Are you in Europe and using a North America server???
I am now wondering about this aspect with regards to many player posts about lag. Or vice versa, a N. Amerca player on Europe server. The players that want to play with friends 'Over there' are out there. somewhere. O.o

The Station Launcher has an option of choosing the region to connect to (& is explained in of the windows of Launcher). /shrug. Heck, maybe someone in Australia or Korea... rarely is the location of player mentioned in posts regarding lag or game issues. Nor time of connection issues, as SOE Maintenance may be contributing. They do seem to be doing a lot of maintenance (some announced and some not announced). A potential good sign of SOE maintenance in progress: the DCUO forums are down.
Good luck