PDA

View Full Version : Loading, please hate... (game stalls)

o.Solei.o
01-12-2011, 06:57 AM
I installed and played this game last night. However, all subsequent attempts to play it have failed.

I start the game, I select my profile, I login with said profile, it connects to master server and fills a few quick progress bars, then when you are looking at the background of the green, crystalline, spinning globe, it just stays there, forever...

A little segmented, progress "loading" wheel spins in the bottom right corner, for hours if you leave it running that long. The little popup volume and screen size controls at the top still work, and the background continues to animate, but nothing else happens.

No changes were made to my hardware or software in the intervening time, which was maybe two hours, tops. That was last night. I think perhaps there was some server squirreliness, but it's still happening this morning. None of the other crash and hang descriptions I've found on this forum seem to deal with this, so I'm tossing this out there in hopes that somebody has a better idea than "poke it with a stick and see if anything happens".

Thank you in advance, if anyone has any insight into how to fix this.

o.Solei.o
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the game cache (in the TM settings program), running it from the settings program, and verifying game cache through Steam... all to no avail.

Any thoughts or ideas?

o.Solei.o
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
It would appear that I have to create a new account everytime I play the game, which means that the single-player maps are completely off-limits, barring the hours needed to unlock them every time I play.

I'm going to see if I can get some official support from Nadeo and update this thread with any potential fixes they may recommend, in case anyone else winds up having this problem as well.