PDA

View Full Version : I URGE YOU TO NOT BUY THIS GAME YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

danu22
01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
From gamer to gamer i am writing this from the bottom of my heart.

I have just spent almost an hour trawling the internet for fixes just so i can get this piece of ♥♥♥♥ to run at 1920x1080.

Finally i get it working, it loads up in the correct res.
Lets change some of the options shall we...
Textures to high.

OH WAIT NO YOU CANT DO THAT
So i reset everything back to default.

Okay lets add decals, lets see if it can manage that.

OH NO BLACK SCREEN AGAIN.

This is not a problem with my computer because everything is up to date and rarely have had problems with anything like this.

I have also looked at plenty of "quick fixes" for this dire excuse of a game and none of them have fixed it.

This is a disgrace for a pc game.

rulleris
01-14-2011, 06:01 AM
You =/= All

Played this game from start to finish without a problem

sicDIESEL
01-14-2011, 06:03 AM
From gamer to gamer i am writing this from the bottom of my heart.

I have just spent almost an hour trawling the internet for fixes just so i can get this piece of ♥♥♥♥ to run at 1920x1080.

Finally i get it working, it loads up in the correct res.
Lets change some of the options shall we...
Textures to high.

OH WAIT NO YOU CANT DO THAT
So i reset everything back to default.

Okay lets add decals, lets see if it can manage that.

OH NO BLACK SCREEN AGAIN.

This is not a problem with my computer because everything is up to date and rarely have had problems with anything like this.

I have also looked at plenty of "quick fixes" for this dire excuse of a game and none of them have fixed it.

This is a disgrace for a pc game.

that sucks;

what are your specs?

basti51
01-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Well writing a title like this because you have personal problems with your computer and the game won't get you much help.

Try to make a "Need Help: xxx Crashing" so you won't get all the hate you will get with this title.

My2Cents

the Sliver
01-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Well writing a title like this because you have personal problems with your computer and the game won't get you much help.

Try to make a "Need Help: xxx Crashing" so you won't get all the hate you will get with this title.

My2Cents

Agreed.

I can also play this game with no problems. Obviously, the issue is on your side, not the game's.

Really, you're telling other people not to buy the game because you, yourself cannot run it.

Panromir
01-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Agreed.

I can also play this game with no problems. Obviously, the issue is on your side, not the game's.

Really, you're telling other people not to buy the game because you, yourself cannot run it.

^this
/10char

n_gamer
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
For me the main issue was vsync, anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion. Turned those off and the game runs perfectly fine with everything else max. No screen tearing at all.

To some extent I blame the poor optimization for PC. There's a clear difference between how this runs and, say, Mass Effect 2.

Sweetz
01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Here's how I got the game to run in 1920x1080

1. Went to options and selected 1920x1080.
2. Played game.

You don't exactly make a good impression when you use phrases like "dire excuse of a game" when the problems you're experiencing are overwhelmingly likely due to bad setup on your side - be it improperly installed drivers, insufficient hardware, or similar. You're just looking to blame someone rather than actually trying to help yourself enjoy this excellent game.

MADDOGGE
01-14-2011, 08:28 AM
This game runs fine. Operator error once again. Oh wait thats right it's never the players fault, it's always Steams or the developers fault.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP from now on when you have an issue with a game. Post it in the form of a question. "Is anyone else having problems......" This is far more likely to get you help than trashing a game because you don't know what you are doing.

danu22
01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
u mad

NSSherlock
01-14-2011, 09:52 AM
This game still has no 4:3 support??? that is unacceptable!! playing with those black bars hurts my eyes badly. Dont buy this game if you are a 4:3 monitor user like me.

You have lost a customer.

DiceDuP
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Game runs fine. I finished both of these games when I used to have a metaboli subscription a while ago. I've just bought them again for next to nothing and it runs fine - again, even on a newer OS (w7 64bit) and a newer card (Ati 5770). It ran fine before on vista 64bit and on a 8800gtx.

I don't think it's fair to shout in caps to tell people not to buy the game because you are having issues with it. Like others have said, maybe state your specs and then it could well be people could help you get it working. It's actually a great game, even with its DRM.

Nitronumber9
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
This game still has no 4:3 support??? that is unacceptable!! playing with those black bars hurts my eyes badly. Dont buy this game if you are a 4:3 monitor user like me.

You have lost a customer.

Hold on, its stuck in 16:9 format? And yet my game rendered the menu and into movies fine in 5:4 format? (I haven't had any ingame action due to various freezing in the menu's) If thats true I'm certainly going to rate it a tad lower. Whats with the sudden consoldised 16:9 format anyway?

NSSherlock
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Hold on, its stuck in 16:9 format? And yet my game rendered the menu and into movies fine in 5:4 format? (I haven't had any ingame action due to various freezing in the menu's) If thats true I'm certainly going to rate it a tad lower. Whats with the sudden consoldised 16:9 format anyway?

Even if you somehow managed to set "4:3" it will still be squeezed and screwed up. It's not native.

Gameplay is anamorphic 16:9 in all resolutions, resulting in black bars when not played in 16:9 resolutions. 16:10, 4:3, 5:4 and non-standard aspect ratios are not supported.

Quite the most idiotic developers choice i ever saw in gaming history.

More info here http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15843

Dampf
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
I have just spent almost 30 sec. to change the resolutions to 1920x1080 and another 30 sec. to change all other graphic options to max.

Now i can play and enjoy the game !

:rolleyes:

Really, just because you have a problem with a game you should not "warn" others to...uhhh dont buy it...

Liqid360
01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Vin Diesel is swiftly on his way to make sure this problem is sorted. And by problem i mean "YOU"! :D

Nitronumber9
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Even if you somehow managed to set "4:3" it will still be squeezed and screwed up. It's not native.

Its actually in 4:3. What the game does is render the game engine in widescreen 16:9 format, press c and check your health, its outside the widescreen so technically its a design choice. Even if its a terrible one.

Mouseraider
01-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Regarding black screen, try and set your screen to 60hz

If you experience black screens in alot of games it is either a bad memory issue (ram), your pcu is damaged or you have a faulty graphic card.

Downclocking your graphic card may fix black screen problems, if it only appears when your screen is set to run above 60hz (this way you should be able to run at greater hz without encountering KSOD's)

jimmiexjames
01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I also destroy the minum requirements and cant play it...not complaining just stating that i had to uninstall because every time i try to change the resolution the game crashes...i downloaded patches...read info in forums...did everything they said to do and still....whenever i change the resolution it black screens...wheni play in 800x 600 res...it runs great....just there are way to many games comming out to have to settle...ill just play battlefeild nam in full HD completely maxed out settings untill they get a fix...i dont mean to offend you guys...just stating my bussness. This is why im at this forum...to see if they got a fix...but I guess this is my fault.

Sweetz
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM

It's idiotic of them to design their game around a modern display format and not invest time in optimizing the game for an outdated display standard that's only used by a minority of the market anymore (at least according to Steam hardware stats)? 4:3 monitors stopped being commonly sold like 4 years ago now. That seems like a practical design decision, not an idiotic one. If someone were complaining the game doesn't run on 3dfx cards what would you say to them?

This is how Assassin's Creed and a few other popular games work as well. They were designed around being played at widescreen aspects. The developers chose to letterbox them like movies rather than having to shift everything around to make sure they still look good on outdated monitors.

If you're that tied to your old display and don't want to play the game as a result - that's a perfectly valid choice, but calling it an idiotic design choice because you don't agree with it isn't a particularly levelheaded reaction.

i dont mean to offend you guys...just stating my bussness. This is why im at this forum...to see if they got a fix...but I guess this is my fault.
People are reacting this way to the OP because if you actually want to play the game and get help, then do common sense things like posting your hardware specs, what version drivers you're running, what troubleshooting steps you've already tried, etc.

What's egregious is people that come in only to rant and blame someone rather than actually posting something that would help others to help them play the game. The only thing posts like this serve is poster's own need to complain and blame someone other than themself.

Having problems sucks, and getting mad when you have problems is a natural response, but getting mad isn't going to help you play the game, it's a primitive reaction. So you have to let reason prevail and provide helpful information to people if you actually want to play the game instead of just whining about.

And yes, it absolutely possible that there is a bug in the game that manifests only specific hardware and it is the developer's fault - but jumping to that conclusion (especially when there are obviously many other people that can play the game fine) before doing any real research on your end isn't a useful to anyone including the poster himself.

doh43211234
01-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Wow. Some things never change. I remember, when I did know my behind from a beer barrel.

As is the case with many people on this thread, I do not have the issues you have. This is a great game, if you have technical issues that is simply part of the deal when you run things on a spec as broad as the PC. I would also be willing to bet that you can fix it with a little looking around.

NOTE - yep, there is a fix.

Neithan
01-15-2011, 10:44 PM
98% of application errors are located in front of the computer.. ;)

CapnBludd
01-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Runs fine until I try changing any graphics settings at all, then it crashes. It did let me invert the mouse though.