PDA

View Full Version : Scam tentative in ITALY

Theus.exe
01-15-2011, 05:43 AM
hi, in steam arrived me the following message :

KOTS pretorian : GET FOR FREE " ANY GAME " IN YOUR LIST STEAM GAMES ! JUST LOGIN AND STEAM WILL ADD IT WITH OUT PURCHASE

thank you

Gone'Postal
01-15-2011, 05:44 AM
So you post the link on the main steam forum for others to click on..

Epic idea, really.. I take my hat off to you.

PM the details to a mod on here.

Consign
01-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Don't post the phishing link

Slayer00
01-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Read this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283553

EDIT: Site reported

Ganger
01-15-2011, 05:58 AM
So you post the link on the main steam forum for others to click on..

Epic idea, really.. I take my hat off to you.

PM the details to a mod on here.

I don't have a problem with people posting links like this, only fools would click and enter their steam details or download something from this site.

If people read this post about a scam site and you still enter your account details into the said site then their shouldn't be using a computer at all.

Slayer00
01-15-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't have a problem with people posting links like this, only fools would click and enter their steam details or download something from this site.

If people read this post about a scam site and you still enter your account details into the said site then their shouldn't be using a computer at all.
Its not about you or fools, its the forum rules what says no links..

B33 ENN
01-15-2011, 06:31 AM

No, you are being shortsighted. Not allowing links is a simple precaution to save a lot of potential harm.

Those that click would ultimately blame Valve once they had, passing-the-buck and accepting no personal responsibility like most people these days.

EDIT: Post reported for live phishing link removal

Gone'Postal
01-15-2011, 06:33 AM
The world is fool of fools Ganger (Even if serves them right for not reading)

I agree with you (as in their own fault), but why tempt fools and create more work for Steam Support.