PDA

View Full Version : Bulletstorm demo coming....

Ohlalala
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
... for consoles only!!
Nice one, an fps, a game that plays better with mouse+keyboard than with any ♥♥♥♥ty gamepad, doesn't get the demo for pc.
Doing your best to encourage piracy, aren't you, EA?

Dustenza
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
To be fair Epic's Cliffy B is the one rubbing it in PC gamers faces, not EA. Screw Epic, anyway. I stopped supporting them when they became console ♥♥♥♥♥s.

MADDOGGE
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
No big deal I shall demo it on Onlive and then purchase it on Steam!;):cool:

Ohlalala
01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
To be fair Epic's Cliffy B is the one rubbing it in PC gamers faces, not EA. Screw Epic, anyway. I stopped supporting them when they became console ♥♥♥♥♥s.

The publisher has the last word about the demo. The publisher is in charge for marketing and promotion. It's 100% EA's responsibility.

kashifme21
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
I think its the influence from Microsoft and Sony not wanting PC gamers getting any Demos. Coporate greed at its best and since we dont have anyone looking after the interest of PC (since its an open platform), corporate greed wins.

Sgt.Gotee
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
That's cool. Don't mind if I skip out on this one, then.

Sucks, too, because I loved Painkiller. People Can Fly can...nah, there's too many easy jokes for that one.

Dustenza
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
The publisher has the last word about the demo. The publisher is in charge for marketing and promotion. It's 100% EA's responsibility.

I wasn't debating who was ultimately responsible, I was bringing to your attention that Epic was rubbing it in PC gamers faces, Cliffy B. to be more precise, tweeted his mockery for the PC crowd not getting a demo. The fact that Epic is acting like this towards the PC crowd suggests there would have been no demo for the PC whether EA approved it or not.

FYI developers do get a say in what gets released. There are many PC demos for countless other EA games. If anything Microsoft would have more influence over Epic than EA. Is it so hard to believe? Look at Epic's track record recently. Epic has abandoned PC gaming in favor of the XBAWX. I wouldn't be surprised if Epic was intentionally withholding a demo for PC's in order to encourage piracy - setting us up to have the finger pointed right back at us.

Hate Epic, not EA.

SunriseDriver
01-21-2011, 03:13 AM
EA is publishing the game under EA Partners program. Just like Orange Box, L4D and Portal 2. That means that they don't make any decisions. So: Hate Epic, not EA.

teroteki
01-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Hate Epic, not EA.

Um, what's wrong with hating both?

Dustenza
01-22-2011, 08:13 AM

You can hate who ever you want, but the OP needs to get the record straight. Epic is to blame for no PC demo, not EA.

theGiver
01-24-2011, 08:24 PM
i prefer a controller over keyboard and mouse... just sayin o.O

MADDOGGE
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Nothing now that EA has gone Activision on us with $60 PC games. They forget that they need us the customer to buy their crap. I don't however need them.;)

Everytime I see Cliffy B, I want to punch out his smug smartass face.:mad:

Shinuz
01-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Btw did you guys read this (http://www.destructoid.com/bulletstorm-pc-requires-persistent-internet-connection-192844.phtml)?
Anyway the 360 demo really didn't impress me at all, seems the kind of game that would get boring pretty fast, well at least for me.

DarkPGR
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
the game does NOT require a permanent internet connection, it only requires a connection for initial activation of the game (And unlike steamworks titles, you aren't forced to update to go offline).

And you know why Cliffy B and Epic are so disgusted by PC gaming? because most people prefer to steal their games than support them and purchasing them... think of Bulletstorm as Epic's way to test the waters on PC (they are using the best DRM method out there, one that completely stops thieves from going online at all, and that stops them from playing prior to release date: GFWL with SSA and ZDPP).

Razoride
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
the game does NOT require a permanent internet connection, it only requires a connection for initial activation of the game (And unlike steamworks titles, you aren't forced to update to go offline).

And you know why Cliffy B and Epic are so disgusted by PC gaming? because most people prefer to steal their games than support them and purchasing them... think of Bulletstorm as Epic's way to test the waters on PC (they are using the best DRM method out there, one that completely stops thieves from going online at all, and that stops them from playing prior to release date: GFWL with SSA and ZDPP).

If they are testing the waters on pc, then it's a skewed test.
It's almost like they want the test to fail.

60$ plus GFWL... it's like a double slap. No thanks.

DarkPGR
02-17-2011, 04:51 AM
It's only $60 on steam as far as I know...

GG has it for $48 for example... and GFWL is actually what made me pre-order it, a huge plus (since it's the only way to completely stop thieves from playing online).

0ldgamer
02-17-2011, 06:59 AM
60$ plus GFWL... it's like a double slap. No thanks.

Gears of War on PC uses GFWL so its no big surprise..