PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who will never prestige?

xyzzyplugh2
01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
I ranked up to 50, got all the pro perks that I wanted, and I'm sitting here at 50 forever. Screw prestiging, I don't want to have to do all those pro perk challenges again.

Also, I have 250,000 COD points which are sitting around, in case I ever want to buy grenade launchers for all the guns, or some dumbass thing like that.

Anyone else done the same?

F1eld
01-18-2011, 11:34 AM
yes i have done the same and pretty much think the same

ScopeCreep
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
I am in the same boat. I could have prestiged weeks ago, but there is no benefit in it other than minor, cosmetic gimmickry. Extra banners, config profiles and some graphics.

Prestiging would have been awesome if people derived real benefits from it. Say for example: after a few levels of prestige the Pro perks have additional powers added, or the ability to run a 4th perk in addition to the existing three selected. Those are just suggestions, but if they or some other kind of scaled amount of tangible, battle-ready benefits were made available, I would have prestiged in a heartbeat.

SpunkyKuma
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
still haven't prestiged and been level 50 since the 2nd week of owning BO.

bilago
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
I ranked up to 50, got all the pro perks that I wanted, and I'm sitting here at 50 forever. Screw prestiging, I don't want to have to do all those pro perk challenges again.

Also, I have 250,000 COD points which are sitting around, in case I ever want to buy grenade launchers for all the guns, or some dumbass thing like that.

I am doing the same. Currently at about 600,000 COD points. Going for 1 Million ;)

comeradealexi
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
i was level 50 for about 2 weeks then BAM reset to level 1 and messed up my account totally :(

White Castle
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I prestiged because it makes the game more interesting. Starting over again feels somewhat like I just got the game.

I don't care about pro perks or weapons. I don't need the best to do well. I like the challenge of being at the disadvantage sometimes, and it just adds overall excitement.

It's not about the rank symbol. It's about how you perceive the game. To me now, I am having fun ranking back up.

recon828
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I agree OP. When I get to 50, I don't plan on prestiging for much the same reasons.

quadforce
01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I heard that if you are prestige 15 in the new DLC you get additional weapons and you dont if not 15..

kazukijun
01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Dont see the point in prestiging either, I've remained on level 50 for liek forever. Some of the pro perks are a pain to unlock and I dont really want to go thru all that again.

Having extra custom classes & facepaints etc...dont do anything for me. I would much prefer new weapons or perks if I prestiged.

clandee
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
personally i think prestige is a good idea, once youve prestiged you then need the xp points and money to rank up again making objectives in the game important, no prestige then whats the reason behind going for points! every game type turns into TDM and people just go for there own personal K/D ratio, and a 4th perk for those over a certain prestige lvl would just make the game unbalanced.

Oh and its also fun :)

-Genius-
01-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I've been on level 50 since I got there and will most likely never prestige just like I haven't in the other COD games.

Majesty of War
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
If you're going to play the game for more than 20 hours total then there is no reason not to prestige.

Leveling up is quick, easy, and by using prestige you continue to enjoy what the game was designed around.

Piss mop
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
No, you are not the only one.

xAvenger
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I heard that if you are prestige 15 in the new DLC you get additional weapons and you dont if not 15..

Where did you hear that?

xyzzyplugh2
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
If you're going to play the game for more than 20 hours total then there is no reason not to prestige.

Leveling up is quick, easy, and by using prestige you continue to enjoy what the game was designed around.

As you might have read from the above messages, there is a reason not to prestige, that being that many of us don't want to go through the hassle of getting the pro perks again.

I like Marathon Pro, for example, but having to run 26 miles with marathon equipped takes a long time, and having to destroy a sentry gun to get ghost pro is a hassle since nobody ever uses sentry guns, and so on.

Majesty of War
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
As you might have read from the above messages, there is a reason not to prestige, that being that many of us don't want to go through the hassle of getting the pro perks again.

I like Marathon Pro, for example, but having to run 26 miles with marathon equipped takes a long time, and having to destroy a sentry gun to get ghost pro is a hassle since nobody ever uses sentry guns, and so on.

Except having pro perks doesn't mean much. Marathon pro is so lame anyway. I've gotten ghost pro several times along with other pro perks and it's not like I'm terrible or significantly better with or without them.

The only thing that is annoying about prestige is not having access to the strella launcher because there are so many terrible PC gamers that refuse to shoot down any perks in this game. Even then though you're probably getting your ♥♥♥ kicked anyway so it wouldn't matter but it does get annoying quick.

homestyle
01-18-2011, 12:59 PM
they put no though whatsoever into the prestige mechanics.

5 extra custom classes for prestiging is not worth it. they should've made it where 15th prestigers can change classes on the fly in-game.

Jerkying
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I've done it once, and may do it a 2nd or 3rd time but that would be it. There really isn't anything to collect or achieve like most have said since you have to buy most things.

MW2 I may keep going since I like collecting the different Titles & Call Signs and there are some "Prestige" specifics which don't reset with everything else.

Milwaukee
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I like having all the extra custom kits. I like having a few classes that I can just screw around with while I have some go to kits.

Also, I want the gold camos. =P

I get bored with games otherwise. In MW2 I got to ninth prestige legit and play 1.3k hours + and love the game. If there was no prestiging in this game it would be even more boring for me.

homestyle
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
btw, if i was prestiging i would only use the augmas 74u in order to rank up as fast as possible.

because i'm not prestiging, i'm messing around with all gun combos.

Casemaker
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm 4th prestige lvl 49.......
And yes I'll prestige again as soon as I'm able.

Without a leveling system or something to aim for I couldn't play the game, just playing to beat people is boring. The leveling of perks and stuff it rather fun.

F1eld
01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Prestiging would have been awesome if people derived real benefits from it. Say for example: after a few levels of prestige the Pro perks have additional powers added, or the ability to run a 4th perk in addition to the existing three selected. .

thats too powerful imo,

that would be like playing dawn of war 2 and equipping your force commander with a thunderhammer and a missle launcher at the same time

ScopeCreep
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
thats too powerful imo,

that would be like playing dawn of war 2 and equipping your force commander with a thunderhammer and a missle launcher at the same time

Well when you think about it, the example I gave is not *too* extreme because it (prestiging) would still set a person back to level 1 and not allow a person to still have access to higher weapons until they level up again. It was just an off the wall idea I had, I'm sure designers at Treyarch had similar ideas at one time or another and decided against it and other rewards.

Yeah, running Ghost Pro, Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro and Marathon Pro would make a person more formidable to be sure, but at least if this were the reward for something like 15th Prestige...it would make all the work worth it. Hell, if someone is going to go through all that 15 times I say they deserve it!

One of the things that surprises me the most is that even after all of the toil Treyarch put into designing a system where the storage and calculation of points, money and leveling are strictly controlled through a central system - they do virtually nothing to prevent or reset a person to their true stats when they level/prestige hack.

Larrs81
01-18-2011, 02:29 PM

Same here. I prestige ones in MW2 and in this game I will never prestige.

There are no specials things I like when prestiging.

Crocodill
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Grow up kidds and play for fun (use your brain too)

cod 4 - no prestige - the best game ever xD

skill - fun - fairplay - good game:)

Licardo7
01-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I only prestiged so i could get rid of that horrid 5 star icon and get a better one. Im not anymore

ablahblah
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I felt the exact same way before, why prestige and have to earn everything again? But lately, I've been thinking that prestiging does give you somewhat of a bigger perspective of the game. Having to earn back everything again forces you to use new guns, and you don't always use the same setup (unless you make yourself fallback on a setup that's always worked. which is dumb...). Just giving you guys a new perspective :)

Coltzilla
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
The only thing that is annoying about prestige is not having access to the strella launcher because there are so many terrible PC gamers that refuse to shoot down any perks in this game. Even then though you're probably getting your ♥♥♥ kicked anyway so it wouldn't matter but it does get annoying quick.
This. If leveling were hard I wouldn't do it (I like the extra custom slots since you can't change on the fly), but it's easy and makes the game a bit more interesting. A lot more work to consistently MVP with no pro perks and the MP5K/M16 (while trying to get the pro perks, like reloading to finish wounded people off or using freaking Nova Gas).

Anticzzz'
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I always say "Ok, this is the last prestige. Just gonna do the pro perks now.". But I always end up prestiging...

Nomadski
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm 4th prestige lvl 49.......
And yes I'll prestige again as soon as I'm able.

Without a leveling system or something to aim for I couldn't play the game, just playing to beat people is boring. The leveling of perks and stuff it rather fun.

Hmm, see I cant help myself hitting the Prestige button AS SOON as I hit end of 50. Ive done it 5 times now, and ill do it again when I hit 50 (40 atm).

What I aim for is hitting level 15 Prestige, but I have fun on the way. Leveling is far from being the sole purpose of playing the game, I play to have fun shooting people. But the long term aim is merely a bonus, not the end pursuit.

That said im an old hokey Cod 1 & 2 player who thinks that all this leveling and perks and killstreaks crap is completely and utterly gay, but this does not stop me from Prestiging as soon as the game offers it to me. Crazy world.

It does feel great being a level 1 and whooping ♥♥♥ in a crowd of 30s, 40s and 50s mind...

hooligan)(uk
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Prestiged once and I just dont play enough to warrant another one.

If I could cheat my way to 15th prestige and be 100% safe I would,but thats just me.

No offense to anyone who enjoys it,but prestige just hides how shallow and boring the COD franchise has become.

Phoenix210
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM
I haven't even ranked to 50 yet....

skabby
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I prestiged 1 time, and I think that is enough for me.

~Me

_Duality_
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I hit the prestige button for the first time this past weekend but only because I wanted a new class slot and also because I've never done it before (my last cod before bo was cod4 and it had no prestige option on the PC).

Prior to prestige I had the pro version of all my favorite perks, all weapons unlocked, most of the attachments unlocked (I refuse to unlock noobtube) and a ship load of codpoints which I used to buy a lot of emblems and stuff. Right now I have pretty much the same classes I had since I've spent my codpoints better this time and managed to get the some of the pro perks faster since now I know what to do and how to do it faster.

Am I going to prestige again? Absolutely no, no point in starting all over again. As stated by skabby, 1 time is good enough for me.

HairlessMonkey
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I have prestiged once and currently sitting at level 50 and dont really know if I want to do it all again.
Loosing all my perks and guns is part of the reason but having all the partly completed challenges wiped also has something to do with it.

It would be nice to be able to work on completing the challenges as you work your way through the prestiges instead of them zeroing out each time.

There should be something more that just a new banner and badge for prestiging, maybe let you pick one thing to keep each time you prestige so as you advance higher you start off a little better equipped.

osigurac
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
i'm on my 10th prestige so far and i'll keep going ... i like the challenge with the first set of weapons .... we all know that once you get your AK74u ... it's all over ;)

Shadow11792
01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm the same as you..

I had to push hard to get Marathon Pro and don't really feel like doing that again !

Coltzilla
01-18-2011, 05:04 PM
It would be nice to be able to work on completing the challenges as you work your way through the prestiges instead of them zeroing out each time.
Unfortunately some of the Challenges for Attachments don't reset. I know both the Extended/Dual Mags, Suppressor, Rapid Fire, and Red Dot Sight for sure (things I use or bought for Contracts). It's kind of lame as hitting the 1000 kill mark is worth 20k XP, so 750 is 10k xp, and so on. The game does have worse problems though...

I think part of the reason CODs have had to resort to the prestige system is the games are so flawed/buggy that there is no competition...that's what kept COD and COD2 going/interesting. Playing to simply get better at the game, not to unlock things. Since this game is so crappy I doubt it will ever become popular for anything but pubbing. That's why people say CS and CSS are still popular (that or they have crappy PC's haha).

lec666
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I just hit the prestige button and wish I hadn't. Would have been nice
to know you lose all of your COD money too.

Nomadski
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately some of the Challenges for Attachments don't reset. I know both the Extended/Dual Mags, Suppressor, Rapid Fire, and Red Dot Sight for sure (things I use or bought for Contracts). It's kind of lame as hitting the 1000 kill mark is worth 20k XP, so 750 is 10k xp, and so on. The game does have worse problems though...

I think part of the reason CODs have had to resort to the prestige system is the games are so flawed/buggy that there is no competition...that's what kept COD and COD2 going/interesting. Playing to simply get better at the game, not to unlock things. Since this game is so crappy I doubt it will ever become popular for anything but pubbing. That's why people say CS and CSS are still popular (that or they have crappy PC's haha).

The bit about earlier Cods so so true. MW killed Cod.

RangerXML
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Considering you can rank to 50 in about a day, a week if you avoid Domination, I never saw the logic not to. I'm mainly doing it for the Custom Slots, but ranking twice per slot is nuts.

riZen
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
It get's boring tbh.

chrisdglong
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
I stopped using prestige when I realized it really means nothing. Except that your stats have a higher chance of being less because you have to start off with no real weapons each time you prestige.

Dorbabatman
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
btw, if i was prestiging i would only use the augmas 74u in order to rank up as fast as possible.

because i'm not prestiging, i'm messing around with all gun combos.
Bad plan. If you prestige, gun variety means more xp, means faster climb back to the top. Gun challenges reset, so you can get that bonus for 10 headshots, 100 kills, 1000 kills with every weapon, attachment etc and climb much faster than the guy relying on one gun.

prophet82
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM
i got prestige lvl 2 and cbf doing it again no benifit to it really if there was incentive like you say you get extra perks would be worth it

xartion
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't need artificial incentives to continue to hold my interest in this game, so no, I will remain at level 50 as I've been since the first week the game came out.

Sideshow Bob
01-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I prestiged once and after having to start from scratch I said foreget it not again. I thought they would at least let you keep your cash, but nope! I mean I can understand unlocking then buying back your weapons, perks, camo and so on but did they have to whipe out all the money you earned too?! I really don't mind starting over on all the rest but you have to have something to show for what you have all ready done.

xAvenger, that is a load of BS. What would be the point of adding new weapons in the DLC to only have them available to a fraction of the players?

This is an obvious troll post to get people worked up! They haven't said anything about new weapons in the DLC, all that has been confirmed is 4 MP maps and 1 Zombie.

exclusteve
01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I didn't want to prestige. I kinda regret prestiging to level 1. I had all pro perks and as I am very thick, I prestiged not knowing I'll lose basically everything. The only reason I want to prestige is because of gold camo. Yes yes, for some of you gold camo looks like shiite.

lec666
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I prestiged once and after having to start from scratch I said foreget it not again. I thought they would at least let you keep your cash, but nope! I mean I can understand unlocking then buying back your weapons, perks, camo and so on but did they have to whipe out all the money you earned too?! I really don't mind starting over on all the rest but you have to have something to show for what you have all ready done.

xAvenger, that is a load of BS. What would be the point of adding new weapons in the DLC to only have them available to a fraction of the players?

This is an obvious troll post to get people worked up! They haven't said anything about new weapons in the DLC, all that has been confirmed is 4 MP maps and 1 Zombie.

I read somewhere you needed $100K to prestige. I hit the stupid button with $700K.

playaflava
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
custom classes is the only reason i would pretsige. But, if I had all pro perks no I wouldn't. :)

benetti32
01-19-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm lvl50, 110 000 points and I won't prestige because only thing I like is another slot. I don't like prestige icons, golden camo and emblems are not so nice + I don't play the game much now, I went back to MW2.

Paikuhan
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
I have almost all pro perks and I wont prestige soon no real benifit

Ymerish
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
lol... prestige. Go play wow if you want to grind levels. Tactical mask pro <3 :cool:

clandee
01-19-2011, 03:27 AM
lol... prestige. Go play wow if you want to grind levels. Tactical mask pro <3 :cool:

yeah and you prob sit in the corner working on your KDR because points dont mean ♥♥♥♥ to you

Ymerish
01-19-2011, 03:42 AM
yeah and you prob sit in the corner working on your KDR because points dont mean ♥♥♥♥ to you

So very, very wrong. Quite the opposite, mister prejudice. If I was sitting in the corner all day I wouldn't get as many kills, now would I? And I'm all about my sweet, sweet place on the top of the list when I press Tab. And my W/L ratio is way above 1.5 just fyi. Now go troll another topic, ty.

Why would I love tactical mask pro if I was sitting in the corner all day? But you probably don't know anything about that because you only use second chance, zing! Oh it's so much fun to just make up ♥♥♥♥!

DAWeeE1
01-19-2011, 03:42 AM
I will not prestige.

ginger_hammer
01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm on 6, hitting 7 tonight. I agree with previous posts, in that I would be bored with level 50 all guns + unlimited cash + XP being worthless. I prefer to work through all weapons again (never use ak74u) and with perks the vast benefits come from basic perk, not the pro (except gas mask pro which is my fav).
The actual bits and bobs you get from prestige levels are pretty crap.

IMO what they should have done is to give new skins to high prestige - like a high vis jacket or bright pink mc hammer trousers, so it actually gives you a disadvantage but you do it anyway as you are a good player. Giving advantageous things is the wrong way round as the good players don't need extras.

clandee
01-19-2011, 06:15 AM

So very, very wrong. Quite the opposite, mister prejudice. If I was sitting in the corner all day I wouldn't get as many kills, now would I? And I'm all about my sweet, sweet place on the top of the list when I press Tab. And my W/L ratio is way above 1.5 just fyi. Now go troll another topic, ty.

Why would I love tactical mask pro if I was sitting in the corner all day? But you probably don't know anything about that because you only use second chance, zing! Oh it's so much fun to just make up ♥♥♥♥!

lol yeah whatever

Mr Rabbit
01-19-2011, 06:24 AM
I prestiged once for the extra slot, currently i think it was a waste. i just use it with ghost to shoot down helicopters, the others are just for experimenting.

tooki100
01-19-2011, 06:41 AM
I am currently on my 5th prestige; I can get most the perks to the pro level and it takes me a week and a half to prestige; I am going to 15th prestige

MylesMDT
01-19-2011, 06:56 AM
I always feel a little sad for players when I see a level 50 who hasn't even done 1 prestige.

MUNKY.
01-19-2011, 06:59 AM
lvl 4 prestige rank 49 and wont be going any higher

Bierkip
01-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I am prestiging just for fun and to keep the challenge up..

G_Sup
01-19-2011, 07:21 AM
still haven't prestiged and been level 50 since the 2nd week of owning BO.

I'm with spunky.

SnapTheMag
01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
To OP: Nope. I haven't prestiged either. I've unlocked everything that can be unlocked, have 50k useless CoD points and just play for amusement. The only reason I'd prestige is for the additional classes but I did that in MW2 and 10 classes still weren't enough. Otherwise as far as I'm concerned the variety offered by having everything unlocked > the 'challenge' of unlocking everything all over again.

Icey_Pain
01-19-2011, 07:42 AM
I won't prestige past prestige 1, since I know for certain that I will lose interest in this game pretty quickly. There's simply not much content that this game has.
The DLC of course is a nice addition, but if it costs €15 then I'm not buying it. Not because I'm poor, not because I'm too greedy, but simply because I don't think it's worth the money to pay €15 for 5 maps.

evanstonefan
01-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I prestige to unlock 5 additional class slots. I dont care about gold camo or new stupid facepaints.

Therock1981
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Prestige's the most USELESS thing ever!!!

Not only a pain in the ♥♥♥ to reset all your stuff but what is so usefull? NOTHING!!!

Giving some trophy or useless stuff to kids who want to get every useless things in the game, that's about it...

I'm at level 50 and 0 prestige and I'll never prestige at all. 400 000+ useless cod points. I mean, All I want is perk and guns. I got them so what's the point of prestiging? Facepaint and useless stuff don't worth it at all.

Even new class don't worth it. You start with 5 classes. It's enough! You can't use all your class at once. Maybe you have 10 class and barelly using 3 of them lol. The point is if you are bored of one class, YOU CAN CHANGE IT, YES YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR WHOLE CLASS. So what's the point to have 10 of them.

IMO, prestiging's for kids who want to unlock every useless things in the game. I did'nt even do a single useless challenge lol.

ordinarydave
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I did it twice, then thought 'meh'..now i'm staying lvl 2 50. If i want gold cammo i'll wear driving aid glasses (old ppl should know what i mean)

adrock1911
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I will never prestige. Talk about the stupidest, weakest, most pathetic attempt to add replay value to a game in history.

Xstioph
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I was like that for awhile.. But then.. Screw it, I want an extra 'Custom Class'. I just can't stand running around with the same gun all the time (Same... Well I switch a lot, especially when it's going poorly). So that extra slot is really nice. Only reason I prestiged in MW2. Will probably not prestige again though.. Prestige twice for the next one.. Sigh!

CLUMPOFSH_T
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
if you don't prestige your prolly still living at home and are afraid of working hard at something. To me theres no point in playing a game half as*ed. So man up, grow some nuts and prestige all ready. BTW you get gold camo if you finish all your prestige levels.

freakshowfreak
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
almost 7th prestige now.... why not I like the game and like starting over.....

it's not hard to unlock so why not.

but who cares how many times you prestiged or if you didn't we all play for fun....

You know what I don't get.... people complaining if one prestiged ( omg he has to much time OMG show off....or the other way around lol look at that noob not even 1 time prestige.....)

Sadly this game has so many grouchy old man and kids that it's scary

if it isn't players that are soure losers then it's players who feel badly if someone made it 15 time prestige.

please people grow up.............

I play games for fun so please stop the moaning about these things and if you die please be a good loser instead of omg hecker crap.......

well these where my thoughts ;) enjoy your perks if you have evrything or enjoy level grinding :)

totalitaer
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought about not prestiging a couple of times but every time I get to lvl50 I just don't see any reason not to. The pro perks I want I can just farm. Usually I get the three I want before lvl20 (only one that takes a bit longer might be TacMask, and maybe marathon but I don't use that one).

I don't miss any weapons because I can't stick with any for long so I always use different weapons.

Playing almost entirely S&D makes ranking really quick too so I just hit the prestige button whenever I reach 50.