PDA

View Full Version : RTCW SP unable to zoom / scope

F6Knight
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm playing RTCW single player again for some fun but I'm unable to zoom/scope with any of my weapons.
It's been many years since I played RTCW but I'm sure I'm supposed to be able to zoom/scope with some weapons like the actual sniper rifle you get during the infiltration mission.

Anyone know why I can't zoom/scope?

I tried binding the "zoom in" control to diffirent mouse buttons and keys but none seem to be working.

I seem to be stuck on my current infiltration mission. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to snipe some enemies to continue but can't because I can't zoom/scope ...

MADDOGGE
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Try verifying your game cache just in case something is messed up. It's been over 9 months since I last played but I seem to remember being able to zoom on scoped weapons.

F6Knight
01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Just verified my game cache.
1 file got fixed but I still can't zoom/scope.
Note: the binoculars do work (always have). It's just my weapons that won't zoom.

Any other suggestions?

MADDOGGE
01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Let me bring the game up and see whats going on. I'm not even sure where I'm at in the game it's been so long since I played. I think I was lost.:o Something it's easy to do in this game.

EDIT: OK this is what I found. On a scoped weapon "Z" is what brings up the scope for me. You don't have to hold it, just tap it. Then tap again when you are through.

F6Knight
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
thanks, that did the trick.
apparently, Z is "switch to alternate" which seems to be to zoom with scoped weapons ...
I thought that "switch to alternate" was to switch between same number weapons (mp40, sten, thompson, ...)
sigh ... :)