PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can beat the 3rd level's mini-boss before he goes to the second room ?

ananban2
01-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Nothing important, just curious. :)

Samhain2010
01-20-2011, 12:40 AM
lol wow, posted right when I asked if anyone has gotten past the shaft bug in level three yet.

And so far, no I have not.

He's just too damn fast for me to make it, though I HAVE considered trying an EMP to stun him.

I highly doubt that would work though, but I have a hunch you would tell me if it wouldn't, what with L3 EMP grenades taking up a bunch of scraps.

(And yes, I have EVERYTHING except the third gun maxed out. I did a LOT of farming to do that. It certainly helps though.)

ananban2
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
lol wow, posted right when I asked if anyone has gotten past the shaft bug in level three yet.

And so far, no I have not.

He's just too damn fast for me to make it, though I HAVE considered trying an EMP to stun him.

I highly doubt that would work though, but I have a hunch you would tell me if it wouldn't, what with L3 EMP grenades taking up a bunch of scraps.

(And yes, I have EVERYTHING except the third gun maxed out. I did a LOT of farming to do that. It certainly helps though.)

No, You cannot use the emp to stop it. All you have to do is to be more agile, I think :)

Samhain2010
01-20-2011, 01:29 AM
No, You cannot use the emp to stop it. All you have to do is to be more agile, I think :)

How am I supposed to be "more agile" when all it takes is one mis-jump and you're royally screwed? D:

Edit: Might I suggest a hotfix that, at LEAST, allows you to stun it with ONLY a Level 3 EMP grenade, and even then only for two seconds instead of the regular four? Either that or slow the shaftbug down just a TINY bit.

That would give people a considerable amount of time to get ahead of the shaftbug (I have officially dubbed it "Sir Smash-a-lot"), but still have room to screw up and die, because as of right now, if you mess up even ONCE, you're done, and you have to start from scratch again, which is VERY irritating.

I mean, hell, I've ragequit more than once because the damn bug is too fast for me to escape.

d0gr0ck
01-20-2011, 01:58 AM
He is tough, took me a good 15 or so deaths to get by. I used a pair of grenade jumps to boost me out of a tight spot. Also, you can still stand on the platforms the shaftbug breaks for a few moments longer and use them to propel yourself upwards. Now that I've got the jump timing I can ace that part.

To beat him in the shaft... like during the jumping part? That would be really hard, especially since he has 1200 health.

FetusZero
01-20-2011, 03:29 AM
mm.. that'll be quite a challenge and I'm accepting it. Though I don't think I will succeed, but we never know. However I personally think he does not need to be fixed and it's fine as it is. Games like these were always reputed for their difficulty (anyway.. back then), and it feels good to finally have a game that comes close to this. It still isn't as challenging as they were in the old days on hard, but the feeling is there.

EDIT: I haven't succeeded this morning, but tonight after work I'll try again.. There has to be a way to do it.

derhannes1983
01-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Took me 10 times to pass by this thing, one more fail and I would have smashed my controller :mad:

Samhain2010
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I mean the point of any game is for people to enjoy it, not get so frustrated after 20-30 deaths that they feel like bashing their keyboard into a million tiny pieces. That's just plain counterproductive, because if a majority of people can't get past a certain part in the game no matter what they do, they just won't play it anymore and trash it/uninstall it, then they'll tell their friends to avoid it, and it just goes on and on and on and on.

Now, I'm not saying that I would do that over one little portion of a level mind you, but I know of a few people who would if they were to buy the game.

Basically, all I ask is to just slow him down a TINY bit to allow people who aren't as skilled to be able to beat it, or make him stun-able using only a level 3 EMP grenade, and only ONCE, that way you can't just toss a L1 EMP Grenade at him and then get so far ahead he basically never shows up by the time you're up at the other door, while still providing a quick "PANIC" button for the player to use if they're about to get killed by the Shaftbug.

And the reason I said cut the time in half from four seconds to two, is because by the time the four seconds is up, you'd be more than halfway to the door, and you would be about two more seconds away from the door, while the shaftbug would have to take another four to five seconds to catch up.

TL;DR: Make the shaftbug slower, or make him stun-able using ONLY a level 3 EMP grenade, and as a one-time thing with 2 second stun instead of 4 seconds so other people can have a decent amount of time to get a head start, but still have enough room to screw up and die, basically so it isn't OP.

Note: The below message is just a precaution, as I know there are people out there who may take my above post the wrong way.

I said IF a majority of people can't get past it, not THAT a majority of people can't get past it. If you're going to troll my post, take it elsewhere please.

FetusZero
01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I see you thought about trolls ;p They could also include another difficulty level at some point aiming at making parts like this one easier.

On the actual topic though, I have yet to find a way to destroy it.. however there's one weapon that does seem to hit it, but it still isn't destroyed by the time I reach the top.

EDIT: Well that's probably not the way anyway.. since with a bit of custom controls I can constantly hit him with bullets throughout the entire shaft, not missing a single time and still nothing. Can it actually be done?

GhostFreak
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I've been on this for an hour and still can't past it...Two of my friends were about to buy this game. I'm not going to recommend it. For such a silly boss I can't believe I'm spending this much time. Worst 8 bucks I ever spent.

ananban2
01-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Let me know if these tips can help

1. Press and hold the jump button a little longer to jump higher
2. Use the second jump when you reach the highest point of the first jump
3. Try to remember the path and go ahead of the boss.

Mirico
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Honestly I'm surprised. I'm going to have to go back and try this again to see what's so hard. I made it in a single try, without any problems, and I'm by no means the best player.

On-topic, I don't think it's possible myself. Wonder what would happen if you did pull it off though.

Slyke
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Took me 10-15 tries, but I got it. I didn't manage to get the powerup though =(.

FetusZero
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Honestly I'm surprised. I'm going to have to go back and try this again to see what's so hard. I made it in a single try, without any problems, and I'm by no means the best player.

On-topic, I don't think it's possible myself. Wonder what would happen if you did pull it off though.

Yeah same here, but then again some jumps can be tight, and I remember almost everyone I know complained about the really tight jumps in Megaman 9. What's easy for us isn't necesarily easy for others, however I don't agree on changing things to make it easier unless it's a different mode, there rarely are any good games that offer a decent challenge nowadays, I'd actually be happy to see an Extreme mode in this game on top of an Easy mode for the people who have difficulties.

Now back to endlessly trying to see if that bug can be killed in the shaft o_O

Slyke
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah same here, but then again some jumps can be tight, and I remember almost everyone I know complained about the really tight jumps in Megaman 9. What's easy for us isn't necesarily easy for others, however I don't agree on changing things to make it easier unless it's a different mode, there rarely are any good games that offer a decent challenge nowadays, I'd actually be happy to see an Extreme mode in this game on top of an Easy mode for the people who have difficulties.

Now back to endlessly trying to see if that bug can be killed in the shaft o_O

I doubt it. I doubt it's actually the same boss you fight in the next screen. It's likely just an animation, where's the real boss is waiting in the next screen.

FetusZero
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I doubt it. I doubt it's actually the same boss you fight in the next screen. It's likely just an animation, where's the real boss is waiting in the next screen.

You're most likely right, but I'm too hard headed to give up now knowing that weapons do hit and that the special attack targets it, whereas when there is nothing that can be hit, the special attack doesn't activate.

You can check one of my attempts here if you are interested (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNg4xCpNJw&hd=1).

HyperDuckChris
01-23-2011, 02:49 AM
I've been on this for an hour and still can't past it...Two of my friends were about to buy this game. I'm not going to recommend it. For such a silly boss I can't believe I'm spending this much time. Worst 8 bucks I ever spent.

Shooting the game down because you cannot beat a certain area is a bit silly and quite rude, please show some manners.

derw4tz
01-23-2011, 06:32 AM
i as well beg you to slow it down a bit
after played through i thought well now lets do this again but its kinda frutrating to die 10 times to that bug...
i mean this game aint a platformer so why not

FetusZero
01-23-2011, 08:34 AM
i as well beg you to slow it down a bit
after played through i thought well now lets do this again but its kinda frutrating to die 10 times to that bug...
i mean this game aint a platformer so why not

I don't see what makes this game any less a platformer than games like Contra, Megaman, Metroid, Trine, etc. Platformers include a very wide variety of games, including A.R.E.S.

For platforms you might have difficulties reaching I suggest keeping a grenade charged up to gain a boost. If it can help you, watch the video I posted above, it shows that minimal jumping is actually even necessary to get through it. I know this wasn't the goal of my video in the first place, but it could be handy.

EDIT: I've just achieved rank S and I unlocked a new move, which means that achieving a rank of SS also unlocks something, perhaps a lil' something to contribute at defeating the miniboss in the shaft. I'll be working on this.

FetusZero
01-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Well I now officially think it's impossible unless there's a little treat for ranking SS in every stages, but gaining a global rank of SS (which I confirm requires 4 stages at SS and 1 at S), I did not unlock some magical power to defeat the miniboss in the shaft.

The Dark Suit however looks pretty good! So it was worth it anyway :] Now on to SS stage 5..

One thing I do know is that the boss itself falls easily and quickly with a Photon Launcher LV3, however since it doesn't go through walls/platforms it's a pain to use in the shaft compared to the Wave Emitter.

d0gr0ck
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
SS rank!? Jeeze here I am foundering along at B rank, I've only SS'd stage one.

FetusZero
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
SS rank!? Jeeze here I am foundering along at B rank, I've only SS'd stage one.

That's already a good start, practice makes perfect!

Me2nice
01-30-2011, 08:02 AM

You think? Shouldn't you know?

Kyithios
02-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, needless to say, I got curious, fired up cheatengine, modified a few things for infinite Zypher Cannon, and spammed the hell out of it. It takes damage, but no...It doesn't die.

For everyone who can't get through this easily enough, the traditional approach is the hardest. Jumping platform to platform can be difficult, but it's doable. FetusZero had the right idea. Every time the tunnel bug breaks a platform, it shoots up. Use it as a boost and jump to the next ledge. The thing is to stay on the left most of the way, so you get everything along the way. The datacube, I admit, I died getting. Fortunately that stuff saves.

For a while, I hated this part, but then realized the simplicity of it on my own.

FetusZero
02-09-2011, 04:03 AM
For everyone who can't get through this easily enough, the traditional approach is the hardest. Jumping platform to platform can be difficult, but it's doable. FetusZero had the right idea. Every time the tunnel bug breaks a platform, it shoots up. Use it as a boost and jump to the next ledge. The thing is to stay on the left most of the way, so you get everything along the way. The datacube, I admit, I died getting. Fortunately that stuff saves.

I died too getting the data cube haha, but quite honestly, unless you acquire the air dash (which most people don't have yet especially since it's he third level) there's almost no chance of getting it without dying.

I still suggest people to check the video I posted above in this thread if they have trouble using the platforms as a boost, although I go right instead of left, but that's only because it gave me more time to concentrate firing since you need to jump one time less on the right than on the left or something like that.

FrodizinhoxD
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
You need to jump only ^^, you can't deal damage to him when he is Climbing