PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Apox supposed to be free?

Skyrider
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm rather confused. According to their website title:
Official Site for the free RTS Game APOX, developed by BlueGiant.
The game is free.. So. what's up?

DuckStab
01-20-2011, 05:09 PM
it doesn't say that anywhere on the website

alchemistlord
01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
It doesn't say that on the site, it says that when you google it.

damaged
01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
it doesn't say that anywhere on the website

It doesn't say that on the site, it says that when you google it.

It does say it on the site, in the meta tags (view source):

<meta name="keywords" content="Free RTS Games, Free Games, apox, Starcraft 2, Company of Heroes, Multiplayer Games, RTS Games, Online Games, Free Game Downloads" />

<meta name="description" content="Official Site for the free RTS Game APOX, developed by BlueGiant." />

TZer0
01-21-2011, 04:58 AM
@damaged
Reposting my own post:
Taken from the html on their own site (http://apoxgame.com):
<meta name="keywords" content="Free RTS Games, Free Games, apox, Starcraft 2, Company of Heroes, Multiplayer Games, RTS Games, Online Games, Free Game Downloads" />
<meta name="description" content="Official Site for the RTS Game APOX, developed by BlueGiant." />

Why is this interesting? This is interesting because what's in the description-tag is shown on results on Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=apox&meta=&aq=f&oq=).
Also.. what on earth are the Starcraft 2 and Company of Heroes tags doing there? *cough*

Skyrider
01-21-2011, 05:43 AM
I merely read what the meta tags say regarding the description which shows as result on google. This will misinform a lot of people, especially since it says "free" quite often. Like TZer0 said.. What the heck is starcraft 2 / Company of heroes doing in the tags?

EDIT:
It seems it's altered. Google still results the "free" part, but no longer seems to be there in the description meta list.

The Goat
01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
well I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that maybe so RTS fans will stumble across this game?

Yeah I know, it's too crazy to be true

Skyrider
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
"Free Games" is being taken out of the meta tags. APOX had a beta period but that is over now.
I emailed them ^_^