PDA

View Full Version : Questions about NWN #1 - vets, u know u want to answer! ;)

Friendliest
01-21-2011, 08:00 AM
I bought NWN2 during the xmas sale. But being the completionist type, I figure I'd better play the 1st one, first.

Hunting round on the web I find the diamond package for $20-$30. It's not available on steam, to my knowledge.

So, is this "diamond" pack the thing I am looking for? It appears to have base game plus "all" the x-packs, from what an uninitiated novice can tell. But confirmation from someone who knows would be nice.

Also, when it comes to multiplayer, I assume 2 ppl can play this on lan or bioware-bnet or whatever the heck it is called. For me and a friend to play, on LAN and/or maybe public games on Internet, do I need to buy 2 copies?

TYVMIA!!!

Bartje
01-21-2011, 08:13 AM
1 - NWN1 is the Diamond Pack yes. The games don't really tie into eachother however.

2 - Both can be played cooperatively but you would need two copies I think because you have to use a serial to get online. I don't know if LAN requires this as well.

NWN DM
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
There's a digital download version on www.gog.com for $10.

wjdqkf1
01-23-2011, 12:05 AM
i would love to see NWN1 diamond pack on steam. i know there is on gog.com but im collecting games through steam.

ItzzNinja
01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Actually no, there is a Platinum version of NWN1 -- I used to own it. It actually comes with both expansions and two premium modules, the exact ones it comes with I forget.

DJGhost
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
The diamond edition of NWN 1 does have all the expansion packs (2). However it only has 3 of the 6 premium modules. At this time there is no legal venue to purchase the other 3 premium modules, probably due to the legal battle between Hasbro and Atari over D&D licensing.

The missing modules are:

Pirates of the Sword Coast
Infinite Dungeons
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

ItzzNinja
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
The diamond edition of NWN 1 does have all the expansion packs (2). However it only has 3 of the 6 premium modules. At this time there is no legal venue to purchase the other 3 premium modules, probably due to the legal battle between Hasbro and Atari over D&D licensing.

The missing modules are:

Pirates of the Sword Coast
Infinite Dungeons
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

Atari, why? Hasbro owns Wizards who own all copyrights to everything D&D-related, They have the right to refuse licensing if they want.

NWN DM
01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
i would love to see NWN1 diamond pack on steam. i know there is on gog.com but im collecting games through steam.
Well, that's great.

Guess you won't have a copy of this good old game then. ;)

Hi2u! Tw1TcH
01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Atari, why? Hasbro owns Wizards who own all copyrights to everything D&D-related, They have the right to refuse licensing if they want.

Thats why they went to court.

ItzzNinja
01-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Thats why they went to court.

Either way it's still absolutely stupid.