PDA

View Full Version : Japanese version

Skanvak
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
I have a question :

Is the japanese Version really a Japanese version? I mean with the correct name like the black boxer being called Bison and so on...

Or is it only a politically correct translation of the english version?

Krackatoa
01-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a question :

Is the japanese Version really a Japanese version? I mean with the correct name like the black boxer being called Bison and so on...

Or is it only a politically correct translation of the english version?

I'm pretty sure it reverts the names to their proper characters. M.Bison is Boxer, Vega is Dictator and Balrog is Claw.

Skanvak
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you, that is a good news.

I wonder if some one that have bought the game can tell me if the game should be bought in japanese on steam or if I can freely change language?

Krackatoa
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Thank you, that is a good news.

I wonder if some one that have bought the game can tell me if the game should be bought in japanese on steam or if I can freely change language?

I don't think you can change freely. Sorry. There may be a hack online for it, though. :\

Chan007
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
You can easily get the names and stuff switched around. The following will switch the bosses' names back around to their Japanese versions, make sure their correct names are displayed below their health bars, and make the announcer use the correct names for wins in versus mode. Side effect: List of moves to combo in each trial (The white text in the top left) are now in Japanese. You can easily fix it by moving some files within the folders, but I'm far too lazy to do that myself, especially for something like the trials in this game.

1. Steam\steamapps\common\street fighter iv\Game\menu
-Rename the ENG folder to whatever you like
-Rename JPN folder to ENG

2. Steam\steamapps\common\street fighter iv\Battle\Narration
-Change BTL_NAR_E.csb and BTL_NAR_E.cpk to whatever name you like
-Change BTL_NAR_J.csb to BTL_NAR_E.csb
-Change BTL_NAR_J.CPK to BTL_NAR_J.csb

3. Steam\steamapps\common\street fighter iv\Game\Hud
-Rename the ENG folder to whatever you like
-Rename JPN folder to ENG

That's it. Enjoy!