PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Kain series on Steam?

Namake
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
After seeing a Kain and Raziel DLC for "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light", I remembered this amazing franchise that should be on Steam, but is not.

So, the purpose of this thread is to see If there are enough potential buyers, for making a request to Eidos-Square Enix and, have the Legacy of Kain series on Steam. I don't think that I'm the only one who thinks that It would be great If they re-release the Legacy of kain series on Steam. Also, I rather buy the original Legacy of Kain games, than a Kain & Raziel DLC...

Anyone else, would be buying these games If they decided to do a re-release on Steam?? (a la Hitman, Alien vs. Predator, Earthworm Jim, GTA, Oddworld, or another classic titles that are currently available on Steam).

:confused: :confused: :confused:

SlappyMcgee
01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree Steam needs to get the Legacy of Kain series.

dontbyvista
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
I would buy them, that's for sure.
On a second note, how about the classic Tomb Raider titles on Steam as well?

These are, or were, Eidos' top game series which a mass variety of gamers alike have enjoyed.

SlappyMcgee
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
who do we have to talk to, to get a straight answer about LoK series on Steam?

MADDOGGE
01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
If they do I expect it will be called Legacy of Kain a complete rip off of the name, someone indeed will be called Kain in it but they will rewrite Kain's whole back history just like they are screwing with Lara and the TR series. I'd stick with hoping they bring the original back.

SlappyMcgee
01-28-2011, 03:21 PM
I def want the oginal back.

kristo
02-14-2011, 12:25 PM
bump I want it

KrAyZ!3
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
wish they had them,I'm playing soul reaver 1 on a psx emulator atm,still have my disc

MithranArkanere
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I wish Crystal Dinamics made more of the saga.
I'd get them all.
All of them. From the first to the last, and any extra titles and DLCs.
I even got the Legacy of Kain DLC in Tomb Rider:Guardian of Light.

I really like this saga.

Believe me, if you took the time and resources to have a little team making the whole saga work in Win7 and made them available on Steam, you'll reap the benefits for sure.

And of course if you continued it.

gabrielonuris
07-13-2011, 05:34 AM
I would love to see them on Steam, but about new titles, I hope not... The series died in all its formal glory, I don't wanna see some childish ripoff of a game, obviously targeted as a co-op one, with a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ story just to fit the freaking co-op mode, like they did with Dungeon Siege 3... Imagine that: Kain and Raziel, cooperatively, you and a friend... Lok series isn't to play with a friend, it's a novel to like by itself.

MithranArkanere
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
The story is unfinished.

A final chapter should be done.

Done RIGHT, of course.

kristo
09-23-2011, 03:23 AM
bumpy

maddima
10-11-2011, 06:26 AM
totally agree on it!

Mushe
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree! We need that franchise right now :D!

kaiouti
12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Hitman, Earthworm Jim, Oddworld, LoK....oh HELL YES!!! :)

Mcl_BlueMadness
01-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Was looking through the forums to see if this was posted already.

I'd definitely buy the LoK series if it was released on Steam. Day 1, even (except Blood Omen 2, I'd wait for a 50% to 75% discount on that one). The first game in the series I've played was Defiance, and since then I've been hooked, read all I could about the series online, and have been meaning to play the previous games ever since. I've tried getting them pirated, since it's the only way I can get most of them, but so far I've only had success with Blood Omen 1. I've wished Steam had them since I joined.

Seriously, if these gems are released on Steam, none of the parts involved will regret it.

fortune75
05-13-2012, 09:25 PM
you didn't like blood omen 2?

Count_D
05-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Many people didn't, it had a different art direction, different writers and the story was really distant from the closely-knit story of the rest of the series.

celebrimnar
06-28-2012, 03:55 AM
I will love it, the whole series in steam will be a must full-price purchase for me.
The same with the old Tomb Raiders.
The series are slowly appearing in gog. Maybe if they have good sales there, Square enix-eidos will bring it to steam.
The hopes are high, because not so long ago we get Thief 1 and 2, classics eidos games.

Spazblade
07-21-2012, 03:37 AM
*bump*
Do want LoK series! Played the first two on my cousin's PS2 many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them and would gladly pay to be able to play the entire series off of Steam (or GOG). Would also be nice if Steam got all the classic Tomb Raider games that GOG currently has...

Mcl_BlueMadness
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Alright, so, there is only one game left for GoG to have the whole series, and that's the first Blood Omen. If by the end of the year, they have it and Steam doesn't, I think I know where I'm buying it...

DoctorEss
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Alright, so, there is only one game left for GoG to have the whole series, and that's the first Blood Omen. If by the end of the year, they have it and Steam doesn't, I think I know where I'm buying it...

I know this is a bit necro on this thread, but firstly, all but the first have been added to Steam's registry, same time as the Tomb Raider games were. Very likely coming soon.

Don't expect to see Blood Omen 1 here, GoG or anywhere, anytime soon. Activision handled the PC port, and they're being tight with letting it get re-released. That, and the game is notoriously difficult to get running even on XP, let alone Vista or 7. They only like to port games to Steam that will just *work*.

That's why, despite being in the registry for years, Final Fantasy VII was never loaded onto Steam. They couldn't make it easily, and consistently, work on modern systems. SR1, SR2, BO2, and Defiance all run on modern hardware with little to no effort, sometimes requiring nothing more than simply hitting "start".

I own BO1's PC copy, and even possessing the original CD and everything else, you still have to jump through hoops to make it work.

MADDOGGE
12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
They have arrived both on GoG and now here on Steam. Pick your DD poison of choice:D.

LoK: Soul Reaver
LoK: Soul Reaver 2
LoK: Defiance

Mcl_BlueMadness
12-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I know this is a bit necro on this thread, but firstly, all but the first have been added to Steam's registry, same time as the Tomb Raider games were. Very likely coming soon.

Don't expect to see Blood Omen 1 here, GoG or anywhere, anytime soon. Activision handled the PC port, and they're being tight with letting it get re-released. That, and the game is notoriously difficult to get running even on XP, let alone Vista or 7. They only like to port games to Steam that will just *work*.

That's why, despite being in the registry for years, Final Fantasy VII was never loaded onto Steam. They couldn't make it easily, and consistently, work on modern systems. SR1, SR2, BO2, and Defiance all run on modern hardware with little to no effort, sometimes requiring nothing more than simply hitting "start".

I own BO1's PC copy, and even possessing the original CD and everything else, you still have to jump through hoops to make it work.

I have a, unfortunately pirated, copy of Blood Omen 1, and it runs perfectly on my machine. All I had to do was download and install a fan-made patch, and then run the game in compatibility mode. It was pretty easy, and runs without any issues whatsoever.