PDA

View Full Version : DRAGON AGE 2 BONUS

bosunmate
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi guys does anyone know how long before the pre purchase deal runs out...thanks in advance

syrupwontstopem
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
It lasts all the way up until the day of release.

Dazzled
01-25-2011, 03:45 AM
For the SE prepurchase deal the time already ran out.

bosunmate
01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
For the SE prepurchase deal the time already ran out.

Not sure what you mean by SE pre purchase. I mainly am interested in the two weapons and Black Emporium and if i have to the release date that will be great...thanks in advance:D

DTKT
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Not sure what you mean by SE pre purchase. I mainly am interested in the two weapons and Black Emporium and if i have to the release date that will be great...thanks in advance:D

The SE stands for Signature Edition. It was a free "upgrade" when people pre-ordered before the 11 of January. That offer is now over and if you pre-order now, you get the standard pre-order package.

That includes the 2 items and the Black Emporium. That includes the Mabari war hound(not a companion, you just "summon" the war hound during combat, the mirror of transformation(aka change the physical appearance of the PC).

To be eligible to the bonus items, you need to pre-order the game from most outlets before the 8th of March 2011 which is the official release date of DAII. Of course, it could change at any moment but technically, even if you pre-order at 11pm on the 7th, you should be fine. I would try to do it in advance just to be on the safe side. :)

bosunmate
01-26-2011, 10:31 PM
The SE stands for Signature Edition. It was a free "upgrade" when people pre-ordered before the 11 of January. That offer is now over and if you pre-order now, you get the standard pre-order package.

That includes the 2 items and the Black Emporium. That includes the Mabari war hound(not a companion, you just "summon" the war hound during combat, the mirror of transformation(aka change the physical appearance of the PC).

To be eligible to the bonus items, you need to pre-order the game from most outlets before the 8th of March 2011 which is the official release date of DAII. Of course, it could change at any moment but technically, even if you pre-order at 11pm on the 7th, you should be fine. I would try to do it in advance just to be on the safe side. :)

Thank you for the help, will for sure buy before March ....

Burningwolf
01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Black emporium,from what I have been able to gather is included with all new copies.

The sword and shield are generic(retailer wise) pre-order bonus's
EA store exclusive belt.
Play.com(I belive,could be wrong)has an exclusive amulet.Closer we get,I expect to see a couple more retailer exclusives...very,very lame on EA's part the way they have handled everything so far...sloppy childish amatuer job imo.

Krabman7
01-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Wait. I thought the black emporium was in the signature edition. I can still get it if I preorder now through Steam?

thejadefalcon
01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Wait. I thought the black emporium was in the signature edition. I can still get it if I preorder now through Steam?

Yep. Black Emporium, Lion of Orlais and Fadeshear are standard pre-order bonuses.

Krabman7
01-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Yesssss. Thank you and +rep, that just made my day.

Spawn466
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
I can't wait until it comes out!

archurban
01-31-2011, 11:28 PM
it's until March 28th. go to EA store, check it out.

tippy25
01-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Will the prepurchase bonuses be available after the release date?

thejadefalcon
02-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Will the prepurchase bonuses be available after the release date?

Unlikely. The ones for Origins weren't. Some of the Mass Effect 2 ones were, but only for the PS3. Since DA2 comes out on the PS3 at the same time as Xbox and PC versions, I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Woofy12
02-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Only the sword and shield are pre-order bonuses as far as I understand. You get the black emporium and the other junk just for buying a new copy. Much like Zaeed and the cerberus network in ME2, I imagine.

thejadefalcon
02-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Only the sword and shield are pre-order bonuses as far as I understand. You get the black emporium and the other junk just for buying a new copy. Much like Zaeed and the cerberus network in ME2, I imagine.

Okay, yes, I'm mistaken. BioWare are being sneaky little hobbitses. The picture on their site says "Preorder now and recieve The Black Emporium". But the text below that says "Original purchasers of Dragon Age 2 will receive [stuff in TBE]". Sneaky little hobbitses. I approve. :D

rocktoe
03-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Black emporium,from what I have been able to gather is included with all new copies.

The sword and shield are generic(retailer wise) pre-order bonus's
EA store exclusive belt.
Play.com(I belive,could be wrong)has an exclusive amulet.Closer we get,I expect to see a couple more retailer exclusives...very,very lame on EA's part the way they have handled everything so far...sloppy childish amatuer job imo.

Yeah, preordering from play.com gets you the Amulet of Ashes:

Pre-order Dragon Age 2 from Play.com and receive a code to unlock the Amulet Of Ashes. The Amulet Of Ashes is a ruined piece of charred wood hangs from its setting of half-melted gold. Holding it over an open flame, however, reveals its powers - in the flickering flames, the gold recedes into some former shape while the wood turns brown and reveals its grain. Heavy Fire Resistance, Adds to Fire Damage, Adds to health regeneration

dearlyblvd
03-01-2011, 10:58 AM
You also get a different item by pre-ordering on EA Store.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_%28Dragon_Age_II%29

As far as I know, the "Exiled Price" ($7 / 560 BW points) was free to users that pre-ordered before 12 of January, all the other standard DLCs are included in every pre-ordered copy.