PDA

View Full Version : First dungeon, is the tutorial stuck?

LucianDK
01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I fell down the hole. It was boarded up and I got the staff to learn life and casted it on myself. But nothing else happens, the message to cast life on myself with middle button is still present and doesnt continue no matter how much i heal myself.

Looking around the room I can find nowhere to go out and continue.

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
then try and use Shift+Left-Click on the rope and try and cut it... maybe it triggers something.

Herborist
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Use your sword (SHIFT + left click) to cut the velvet rope near the bottom right part of the room.

LucianDK
01-25-2011, 09:28 AM
That did the trick! Really awful that it wasnt mentioned in the very tutorial! A lot of people is going to be stuck here if the game doesnt deliver that tidbit!

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
That did the trick! Really awful that it wasnt mentioned in the very tutorial! A lot of people is going to be stuck here if the game doesnt deliver that tidbit!

in the demo it highlights the rope, tells you to shift+leftclick and everything, maybe it's a bug with the commercial release...

LucianDK
01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
in the demo it highlights the rope, tells you to shift+leftclick and everything, maybe it's a bug with the commercial release...

I have the comercial release that just unlocked. I restarted the game several times before i got help here and it did not progress from casting life.

winterforge
01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Yep, was in demo, but full release does not tell you to cut the rope to proceed. When you do however, the tutorial continues normally and has no more bugs that I saw.

Mave.ts
09-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Wow, this is quite major. How did this not get patched yet after almost nine months? :/

Argentum42
09-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I think it's been fixed. Played through the tutorial and a bit of the game last night and the tutorial box in the lower right corner did say something about cutting the rope.

Scorcher24
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Did you wear the Space Marine Robe?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2127767

Arrowhead rep
09-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Space Robe or Cyber robe won't be able to get the tip that you need to cut the rope since neither robe can heal themselves. You can however progress the tutorial by cutting the rope. It was a minor oversight on our part.

Drossvirex
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Sorry to bring this back to life, but this is not minor and there's no reason this should still be happening with those robes. As a first time player, I find a bug like this unacceptable. I will still give this game a chance, but I have way too many games that don't have me resorting to a google search within the first couple minutes of playing. Feels like a beta game.

Maverick
10-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Space Robe or Cyber robe won't be able to get the tip that you need to cut the rope since neither robe can heal themselves. You can however progress the tutorial by cutting the rope. It was a minor oversight on our part.

The fact that you knew about this and didn't even bother to fix this in all these 3 years is astounding.