PDA

View Full Version : [BUGLIST] List of bugs

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 10:00 AM
So I decided to make a list of all the bugs and problems so far with the game, feel free to add the ones you think are missing by posting here:

The tutorial after the first step when you must heal yourself it won't show you that you must cut the rope to continue, altough it is shown in the DEMO.

Strange (R) characters inbetween the text lines, which were not present in the demo.Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730801)

- Online feature is very buggy with things like (at least I experienced)

Characters getting stuck (this might very well happen in single player) at the desks in Vlad's classroom

takes a while to change scenario, such as going "downstairs for the party"

Cannot connect to servers, crashes after trying to connect or just hangs up with no response, needing to finish task

Unability to host as stated in This thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730804)

Certain NPCs behaving like this Click here (http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1169/bug1xz.jpg)

Cannot launch game from steam, after crashing or simply cannot at all.

Middle Mouse button doesn't work at all for some users, making them unable to cast spells on themselves. Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730749)

Text bugs showing "not found" on every text line

Game crashes/hangs when picking up a tome in challenge mode- Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730868)

Menu doesn't work for some users, this image is shown when to the menu screen and cannot click on anything. Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730750)/Image here (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/magickamenubug.jpg/)

PERFORMANCE

Overall poor performance even with system specs greatly above recommended settings
Stutering of the screen when scrolling (moving) that is not solved by forcing enable of vertical synchronization.
Random slowdowns with no apparent reason, (I personally experienced this)
D3D override fixes the stutering but some users have reported not to work.

Try these "hotfixes" and see if some of the bugs are solved:
INSTALL XNA/.NET framework/DirectX Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20468826)

D3D Override (try it anyways) Thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730480)

please add more since this list is completely incomplete and missing possible fixes.

Oh and paradox__rep please check this thread for list of bugs to forward to devs, I'll be constantly editing the post according to what users say in this thread.

SmilerAl
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
RPG Much? Achievement is bugged, I've already got it yet I've only just played the game.

SillyCakes
01-25-2011, 10:06 AM
2- Strange (R) characters inbetween the text lines, which were not present in the demo.

Main thread & reports : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730801

- Middle Mouse Button does not do anything for many users. Thus it is impossible to cast any spells on ourselves

Main thread & reports : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730749

Temporary Fix (LOGITECH USERS ONLY) : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730902

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 10:07 AM
RPG Much? Achievement is bugged, I've already got it yet I've only just played the game.

Achievements are different, since they're not gamebreaking bugs, I got it after completing a mission for the woman who gives you "a few coins to spare"

Village Idiot
01-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Game freezes PC when trying to join a multiplayer game.

FrostXian
01-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Menu text is replaced by error codes (Not Found: numbers) and the game does not go beyond the intro.

SillyCakes
01-25-2011, 10:13 AM
- Random Extreme Lag or Massive shuttering for no reason on high-end systems that managed to run the game smoothly before

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730835

TEMPORARY FIX here : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730480

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
- Random Extreme Lag or Massive shuttering for no reason on high-end systems that managed to run the game smoothly before

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730835

FIX here : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730480

As you stated in your thread, D3D override didn't work, or was it that you didn't configure it properly?

Freeway88
01-25-2011, 10:21 AM
For stuttering problems, ATI users can enable "Triple Buffering" in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Worked for me!

Froh
01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Lack of accents on french translation so you read "NIVEAU TERMIN" instead of "NIVEAU TERMINE"

flava_clown
01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
you should add a suggestion part... as many people ask for a configurable mouse7keyboard layout... it's not a bug but would be nice to be "fixed"...

also you should put a link to this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20468826

as some people might report "bugs" which aren't bugs at all, just by an incomplete "setup"...

btw... someone should make this thread "sticky"

GuardianTIM

I'm not sure how to do Spoiler Text and I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect the question you should be asking yourself is: Exactly how many side-quests are there in this game?

Wertoret
you should add a suggestion part... as many people ask for a configurable mouse7keyboard layout... it's not a bug but would be nice to be "fixed"...

also you should put a link to this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20468826

as some people might report "bugs" which aren't bugs at all, just by an incomplete "setup"...

nice one

I'm not sure how to do Spoiler Text and I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect the question you should be asking yourself is: Exactly how many side-quests are there in this game?

he got it just running the game, I got it after the first "sidequest",

SillyCakes
01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
As you stated in your thread, D3D override didn't work, or was it that you didn't configure it properly?

I didnt use the fix, i was just mentioning it.

In my case, the game shutters for no reason randomly when it feels like it

It doesnt matter what settings i use, i've tried running it on all low/off, medium or even high

Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it lags like hell

subenji
01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
At the start of Chapter 3, after dying once, i skipped the cutscene. When I moved to the first set of enemies, I entered a cutscene that didn't happen the first time, and was locked in place invincible while the enemies went to town, ultimately killing most of each other trying to hurt me.

Teronfel
01-25-2011, 10:34 AM
They said on Twitter that a patch is coming so hopefully in the next days most of the problems will be fixed

unacomn
01-25-2011, 10:34 AM
The game crashes on occasion. The latest one was in the loading area to the Save the World Party.

Init Audio
System.InvalidOperationException: This resource could not be created.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundBank..ctor(Audi oEngine audioEngine, String filename)
at Magicka.Audio.AudioManager.Init()

SillyCakes
01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I've just noticed it but i can't cut the rope neither

Shift + Left Click

or

Shift + Right Click

or anything i tried on the mouse do not work, it's just like the middle mouse button

LurkerLito
01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
At the start of Chapter 3, after dying once, i skipped the cutscene. When I moved to the first set of enemies, I entered a cutscene that didn't happen the first time, and was locked in place invincible while the enemies went to town, ultimately killing most of each other trying to hurt me.

I have a similar bug. A bunch of Goblins attacking me, then it triggers like a cut scene the black bars on top and bottom of screen come up. Then I am invincible while they attack me and I can't do anything but restart from the start of the level. :(

T'pek
01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
When using an Arcane beam (with multiple Arcame-s in it) to destroy an object, the game locks up.

Tried it on the wooden door right outside the magic order school, and on the dummy targets near it.

timmyvos
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM
SPOILERS

I think the 'RPG Much?' Achievement makes fun of games like Mass Effect and Fable that have dozens of sidequests, as the way I see it, it's the only sidequest whole game.

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 11:10 AM
SPOILERS

I think the 'RPG Much?' Achievement makes fun of games like Mass Effect and Fable that have dozens of sidequests, as the way I see it, it's the only sidequest whole game.

I guess this is true but some people have gotten it by just runing the game...

herumon
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Crashes right after loading. Windows 7 64 bit.
LoaderThread
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void XNAnimation.Controllers.AnimationController.ClearC rossfadeQueue()'.
at Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Character.Initialize(Ch aracterTemplate iTemplate, Int32 iRandomOverride, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)
at Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Avatar.Initialize(Chara cterTemplate iTemplate, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.Initialize( )
at Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()

Deozaan
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
From the Demo:

Eye of the Beholder achievement is bugged. I killed the Watcher many times (because apparently there is a long gap before the next checkpoint) but never received the achievement.

Really slow, even though I meet/exceed minimum requirements.

Is there supposed to be an opening cutscene? Or any cutscenes for that matter? A party was mentioned but I never saw anything about it. And after escaping the castle/dungeon I fell into at the beginning I was suddenly outside with skeletons. What about my friends who boarded up the hole? What about the party?

Had to try several times to cut the rope.

Had to try several times to break the wood planks with stone projectile.

No explanation about mixing elements for new elements (like ice, steam, etc.) in the game. This is made worse by the fact that the icons for mixed elements are not always apparent. I couldn't tell what the "steam" icon was. Looked like some form of snow or frozen thing to me.

The game needs more checkpoints. The introduction has frequent checkpoints so that if you die you restart at basically the same place. But once you kill the Watcher... well, there were no checkpoints after that. I got to a point where a guy slammed his door shut and a ship of goblins appeared and I died and had to start all the way back at killing the Watcher again. After dying several times and always having to start over from that point, I got tired of playing and quit.

Also, the store page lists minimum requirements but Paradox_rep keeps saying we need requirements that are higher than what is displayed on the store page... Which is correct?

I thought the game looked cool but the demo actually convinced me not to buy. In its current state, I might be willing to pay $2.50 for this game. Definitely not worth $10 with all the bugs I encountered in just the demo.

That's not to say it's all bad. The dynamic magic system is cool, but the controls are very unintuitive and weird for keyboard & mouse. I can't even imagine how this would work with a gamepad.

LurkerLito
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Chapter 3 seems to be giving me a LOT of trouble. When using Ice it seems to crash very quickly. As soon as I start the level the first fight, I cast water then ice to freeze the enemies then use my sword to hack at them and it either locks up completely and magicka must be killed via task manager, or it just crashes to the desktop.

Protoss
01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Game crashes each time on level 1. Happens when you get outside, kill that guy near the four dummys and then kill the four dummys. Upon destroying the last dummy, the game crashes.

EDIT: After some testing, I found that it doesn't crash if you kill the dummys first and then that guy nearby.

The Unshaven
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Game opens onto what looks like a screen to map buttons for a game controller, but nothing on my xbox360 controller gets a response to the button-map visual.

Can't access anything while the screen is up, so I can't find the options menu or anything else.

Ah well, I'm still pleased with the purchase and look forward to everything being fixed.

- The Unshaven.

Soulmancer
01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Um, the D3D overide boosted my horrible 20 FPS on my high end machine to a still horrible 25 FPS, so it worked sorta but not nearly enough.

banished_one
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Al lot of problems with multiplayer

When you're trying to join a multiplayer game, your attempt fails 90% of the time

Either you get a connecting message but you can never connect
or you get the connecting message but after few seconds later it disappears and nothing happens
or you get a black screen and game freezes (we spent 3 hours or so in game, 2.5 hours of this was trying to connect to each others games)

sometimes when you're connected to a multiplayer game you get a connection lost message but you can continue playing.

When you start a multiplayer game sometimes a player sees everyone frozen and rest of the players see him as he disconnected

When you drop down the party in the adventure mode once i got a defeated message, i couldn't do anything but rest of the guys could continue.

Occasional freezes in game

Occasional crashes

Even though my friends and i live very close and there isn't any problem with our connections there seemed to be a massive amount of lag.

Missing feature
You can't sort the multiplayer games by ping
No voice chat or i coulnd't find it

I'm hoping tomorrows patch will solve some of these

MiRRoR
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
-first toturial room: Running against rope while someone cuts it will sometimes make you fall threw the floor

[B]- On the 3rd lightning task:
2nd player is frozen to the ground unable too move tested 3 times same result(solution, kill and resurrect)

on then ending part of the airship trip: cutscene with count will sometimes break the game.

- healing bombs will sometimes capatult players several screen away.

- frozen team mates take longer to resurrect
(compared to a team mate that dies not frozen or chilled)

ps. still really hopeing for a fix to the 3rd mouse button issue

flava_clown
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
LoaderThread
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void XNAnimation.Controllers.AnimationController.ClearC rossfadeQueue()'.
at Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Character.Initialize(Ch aracterTemplate iTemplate, Int32 iRandomOverride, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)
at Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Avatar.Initialize(Chara cterTemplate iTemplate, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)

if you google for xna and win 7 64bit then you'll see that there are many problems coz there is no real 64bit xna 3.1 ...

i kinda stumbled over a never version of xna (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a88c6dec-aeae-42cd-a108-d35c013c3b97&displaylang=en) (4.0 released 9/16/2010) you should give this one a try. (i would also run the installation as admin and make sure that you have the required .net versions installed)

more info: http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/1988/9924.aspx

to add a small script bug to this thread... in the end of level 1 when you've killed the troll, there comes a soldier saying "omg the captian is dead" (or something similiar) even the captain is still alive!

Davies
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Am I the only one experiencing my internet no longer working after attempting to connect to an online game? It takes about 15 minutes for the internet to start working again...

Is it something on my end or?

banished_one
01-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one experiencing my internet no longer working after attempting to connect to an online game? It takes about 15 minutes for the internet to start working again...

Is it something on my end or?

I get that while trying to connect to team fortress 2, i click join my internet connection dies for a couple of minutes. It's because of my crappy modem though. Do a search with your modem model and your problem to see if it is notorious that way.

Davies
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm on uni hall networks. I do usually need to forward ports, so that could be it? I would be quite gutted if I couldn't play this game online!

banished_one
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
if it makes you feel any better, the multiplayer is so bugged atm you wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

mouton
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
My game also freezes when I tried to join. What is funny, I can host a game without problems.
I'm on uni hall networks. I do usually need to forward ports, so that could be it? I would be quite gutted if I couldn't play this game online!
Only the host needs to forward, from what I saw.

Davies
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM
if it makes you feel any better, the multiplayer is so bugged atm you wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

I suppose if I can't play, it does make me feel better that nobody else can :cool:

It's looking grim for me! A shame, was looking forward to this game a lot. Guess it means I'll get more work done...yay...:(

LurkerLito
01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
More issues...I have now gotten several lockups where a cut scene was about to start but instead would just lock up on me. The menu was still accessible by pressing escape but with the only option in the menu being restart which is from the BEGINNING of the level it's becoming extremely frustrating to play this game.

For the love of GOD put in a "restart from the last checkpoint" option when you are playing. I understand you want people to start from the beginning if they quit the game, and that is fine, but it's too buggy a game to not have a "restart from the last checkpoint" option while playing. I can't tell you how pissed off I am at the moment, I was I think near the end of chapter 4 and the cut scene locked up and I have to restart from the beginning. I couldn't even cast spells on myself to die and start from the checkpoint cause the cut scene disabled all controls but escape.

I don't know exactly how to reproduce this bug. It has happened once while skipping a cut scene while rapidly pressing the space bar, once after skipping the dialog with Vlad after I died once (again pressing the space bar rapidly), and once in the throne room after destroying The Machine and I think my character was blocking the character hiding behind the throne's path and it just locked up there.

Village Idiot
01-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Well the game just caused every one of my background programs to close down.

Taedirk
01-25-2011, 07:31 PM
On the screen after you fight the druids/treants, you can get stuck at the well above the checkpoint stone.

Lonkley
01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Demo version

On startup. I get paradox splash, and then it sits on a black screen. If I mouse click, it will start up the music, bring up a white screen with a some overlapping unreadable text in the middle, and I click again, I get an outline of the menu on white with no buttons.

XP, Athlon X2 3500, GTX 450, 2gb

Tapewormz
01-25-2011, 09:16 PM
When I host a game and enter the lobby, and wait for my friends to join. The game crashes.

Essobie
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
This is more like missing functionality, but that's a bug in my book.

Game does not trap mouse on primary display on systems with more than one display (clicking outside of the primary display minimizes the game).

AlienFromBeyond
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
It's possible to get both Water and Lightning in the same spell without them eliminating each other. Just make Ice first, add in Lightning and any other elements you want (I like to add Arcane as well) then add Fire to change the Ice to Water. I'm guessing this works because the game doesn't check for opposing elements when changing an element, only when adding a new one in. And let me tell you a damage beam that has a slight stun and knocks back means they can't get near you, and does killer damage thanks to Lightning + wet target.

pinkgun
01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
After a few game crashes during the online game connecting, I found my save files are missing, which means I have to play all over again :mad:

CasualSax
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM
I was using a beam combo (ASF I believe) to shoot the NPC to the left as you first exit the intial building. I killed him, and blew up the door, and in the process the game locked up.

Canisa
01-26-2011, 02:16 AM
If you electrocute the Beholder it displays a wireframe instead of an actual skeleton.

herumon
01-27-2011, 05:32 AM
LoaderThread

Installed XNA 3.1 didn't help, but after reinstalling Magicka this error didn't appear. Dunno, if it was XNA or game reinstall that worked

Fridx
01-27-2011, 05:40 AM
This seems to have been fixed in the last patch.

In Co-Op play (Haven't tested in SP) opening Steam Overlay when on the "Waiting for other players" screen causes the game to lock up. Have to open task manager to quit. I will get the error log for it later when I get home.

theFoffo
01-27-2011, 05:44 AM
If you summon too many undeads, the game crashes to windows.

Fix it by putting a maximum amount of undead summons so that when the maximum is reached the older undead dies and is replaced by the new one.